Zen Projection system error

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
WillRoy
Major League All-Star

Zen Projection system error

#1 Post by WillRoy »

Hello,

I'm receiving the following error:

"Compile error in hidden Module: Calculate".

I should add that this happens once I press calibrate.

I read online and it looks like it could be a visual basic/macro error. But when I went into Tools->Visual basic it says project locked.

Is anyone else finding this error?

I just installed a fresh copy of excel 2004 for my new laptop.
Storrs City Chess Company

cwk1963

Re: Zen Projection system error

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

No problems here. I'm using Excel 2007.

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#3 Post by aburt19 »

No problems and I'm running Excel 2003. I did change a number on saves for Mariano Rivera just to see how the calibrate
worked on changing the values and it worked fine.

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by WillRoy »

;)

Well, I decided based on something online describing my error as a spreadsheet macro error specific to documents the author didn't format for MAC office 2004 to try it with an old copy of office 2000 on Parallels desktop (windows running on mac).

Lo and behold it worked.

It's always the fault of Mac isn't it? I'd be very curious if anyone actually got it to run on a Mac's version of Office.

Seriously though, nice job Lawr! Love the colors!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

For the record, the Zen Engine is JP's handiwork. It was named "Zen" after Lawr. I believe it was Jas and myself who is credited with tagging his style as "Zen", though I may be wrong.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

JP Kastner

#6 Post by JP Kastner »

Yes, it doesn't always work on Mac. I know it has problems with Office for Mac 2004. It doesn't work at all on Office for Mac 2008, because that version doesn't support VBA. I believe that it works on NeoOffice, but very slowly. It takes about ten seconds on a PC to do the calculations but about five minutes in NeoOffice.

This has been a good exercise. I like the clean look that VBA provides. The question I had is how long would it take for a Mac person to want to use it. Less than 24 hours is the answer.

:lol:

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

#7 Post by WillRoy »

Well, I read a few suggestions online for editing spreadsheet macro/Visual basic code pretty simply (so simple a non-programmer like me could/has done it) to fix the error I'm getting. :D

Then again don't mind us, we're just a minority (us mac folk). :P

Edit: since you mentioned office 2k4 and office 2k8, Just had to take a jab as Micro$.

I cannot believe they're allowed to put out the same freakin' office product every 4 years and force consumers to pay for it....And here's the kicker...With one additional new feature, A NEW FORMAT that is a default so that you can make others really frustrated when they can't open it (.docX and .xlsX) ! So frustrated they'll spend potentially hundreds to get the same product. The fact that office 2008 on mac doesn't support this is rich. Just rich. Where are all the antitrust/monopoly regulations? Oh yeah...Europe. My copy of office 2000 for windows works just fine thank you.

JP Kastner

#8 Post by JP Kastner »

I love to take jabs at M$. As a tech person by trade, I naturally like to be on the bleeding edge. I have chosen to hold at Office 2003 simply because Word and Excel have pretty much done what I wanted them to do in since Office 97. Every time they reason a new product, it has a whole bunch of stuff that I'll never use. In fact, I spend most of my time trying to turn it off.

I do most of my writing on my Mac, but I use a third party word processor (Scribner I think it is called.) It has nothing but basic formatting and a spell checker. I'd like to move to Open Office, but after to many years using Excel, I cannot get used to replacing commas with semicolons in formulas.

M$ will have a new challenge, and that is Google. When Google releases their sub $100 laptop that boots up in less than ten seconds, lasts 16 hours on battery, and basically runs a browser as a shell, I'll go that route.

JP

pstonge

#9 Post by pstonge »

Wish I had known of mac quirks here before I invested my money. The Zen Engine fits my needs, but I can't use it.

JP Kastner

#10 Post by JP Kastner »

I've sent you a private message pstonge.