CVRC Help

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Rosscoe
Low-A

CVRC Help

#1 Post by Rosscoe »

Hi Todd,

Not urgent, just a couple of questions about using the CVRC tool. I generally play fairly standard league settings, so haven't played around with this before.

In the instructions on the Primer, it says at step 15 to "Change the POOL COMPOSITION to Forced Position". The sheet doesn't allow it to be changed from "Two Pools". Is this important, or will it work regardless?

I'm actually trying to create values for a league using only 1 Catcher and 2 x UT spots. Is the best method to fill all the player pool cells individually, or use 195 in the OF cell, then copy from the player pool set-up page? If I use that method I get the following. Does this look right? If so, I assume I don't need to insert a value in the MI, CI & UT cells?

C 15
1B 32
2B 28
3B 27
SS 28
OF 80

59 CI
56 MI

On a similar note, I was thinking a 70/30 split in this format would be appropriate. Would you agree? The league is weekly moves.

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
Steve

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

There's a glitch with the CVRV - I have no idea which update lost the force positions option. That said, this is how to deal with one catcher leagues:.

On the HITTERS page, Change cell F2 to OF, then fill down the rest of the players.

On League Set Up, enter 210 for OF, and that's it.

Click for values gives you want you need. It's a couple of catchers short, but that's OK, consider the next ones to be $1.

The difference between 70/30 and 69/31 is nothing. Really doesn't matter - auction numbers shouldn't be looked at so granular. That said, set it to what your league usually does.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Rosscoe
Low-A

Re: CVRC Help

#3 Post by Rosscoe »

Will do, much appreciated.