Pitching CVRC oddity

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

Pitching CVRC oddity

#1 Post by mjlewis »

Any idea why the best SPs have nontrivial SV$ components? Looking at the March 17 CVRC for a 12-team mixed, Kershaw gets $1.72 in save value. It seems to be directly correlated with the pitcher's overall value, not one of the other components. It's not a big deal, but it inflates the top ten or so SPs by a dollar and it's just weird.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Pitching CVRC oddity

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Please ignore the categorical numbers (been saying this for years), they are not correct. i should eliminate displaying them like I did with hitting. The final value is correct.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord