New Subscriber Confusion

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
funkyjoe

New Subscriber Confusion

#1 Post by funkyjoe »

New user. Just finished downloading. A few questions.

AL only, 4x4, $260 keeper league

1. Grid $ rankings Altuve $85, Lucroy $71 ? Likely I am doing something wrong?

2. Do the dollar values add up to $260 x 12 ?

3. We are a keeper league. Can that be accounted for? ...and will the values account for any inflation?

I will continue to play with it. Looking forward to figuring it out :)

Edit: When I click for Draft Software tab I get an error .. " Run-Time error '9'. Subscript out of range

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: New Subscriber Confusion

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Welcome aboard!

If your in an 12-team AL only league, you really don't need the CVRC, the values are available on the sheet for common leagues.

That said, to customize the tool for your league, all you need to do is change the league setting to AL, the team setting to 12, catchers to 24 and outfielders to 144 -- then click the top button.

There's no need to account for position scarcity at anything other than catcher.

We know longer offer Draft Software so that button no longer is relevant.

Keeper leagues are tougher. I personally don't care much for computing inflation -- it's arbitrary. You don't know what'll happen in a keeper league, it changes after every purchase. In general, the top players go for a lot - I don't need a guide to tell me an inflated price, it doesn't mean anything. I buy what I need to fill out my roster at the market price. Almost always, inflation dissipates in the middle to end anyway.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord