Need help with CVRC

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
CaptainTrunk

Need help with CVRC

#1 Post by CaptainTrunk »

I think I have CVRC working properly. The values look reasonable. However, my league is 6x5. We have the standard 5 categories, but also add doubles-plus-triples to hitting.

I made a copy of the spreadsheet, then changed the projections page to put in the sum of DT into the HR column. Then I re-ran CVRC. The dollar values given for DT look fine. But I don't know what to do next. I now have an individual dollar number for each category, but if I just add in DT to the other total, then my budget's off since it's free money being added.

Do I just reduce each category by a certain percentage? I'm not sure how to figure out what percentage to use. I'm thinking that I just add the DT dollar amounts in, then figure out the total dollar amounts, and apply a universal percentage discount to get it back to the target dollars for all hitters.

My second thought was to reduce the category weights. So, if I was using 1's across the board, I would just change them to .8. That didn't help. It looks like those numbers are just relative.

My third thought was to reduce the team salary cap or reduce the hitting percentage. But I think that would do the same thing as my first idea.

Ideas?

Also, if I'm going to use CER, what would you suggest I use for the weights? Again, assuming that I have to run it twice.

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Need help with CVRC

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I wouldn't use CER.

Averaging the two runs is probably the best - nothing is perfect but it really doesn't matter since the trick in auctions is always seeing how the market ranks players relative to you and finding the soft spot. I'd probably make a note how the players that move way up or down with <troubles> are handled since most of your league mates will adjust intuitively.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CaptainTrunk

Re: Need help with CVRC

#3 Post by CaptainTrunk »

OK, thanks.