Values Produced in Tiers and Projections

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Values Produced in Tiers and Projections

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I am preparing for a 5x5 12 team mix darft and was wondering what hit/pitch split and CER values (both hitting and pitching) you are using to produce the colored tiers and the dollar values to the far right in the projection files. I have a valuation/draft workbook that I use that populates my own set of color coded tiers in excel that I use to cross guys off as they are selected (via a macro).

My guess is you are using a 69/31 split with 1s for all 10 categories. My thought was I should be able to basically reproduce these values in the CVRC, but alas, they are a bit off when using these assumptions. As you may recall from past posts, I like to be able to completely understand where values come from. This is the primary reason I built my own excel workbook (with very similar calcs to the CVRC), so I can follow the calculations that are happening behind the scenes.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Values Produced in Tiers and Projections

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

69/31 forced positions
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Thanks, that was exactly what I was inputting (69/31, Forced Positions, CERs = 1 for all categories). The values are slightly different (example Trout is $43 in CVRC and $42 in Projection Set), so I was wondering if the weights were any different or there was a different split.

Like I said, I am just trying to understand the calculation/methodology, the value difference means very little to me since they are so close.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

perhaps we used a different number per position for each pool
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord