Draft App Crashes

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
CaptainTrunk

Draft App Crashes

#1 Post by CaptainTrunk »

When I use the draft app, it very often crashes when I try to draft a player. I've attached a screen shot. Also notice that the "players to pick" and "salary left" are not accurate. I'm thinking that may be due to the crashing, and not a separate issue. But maybe that would point out where the problem is.

Anyway, this exact same error happens quite a bit. What happens is that it is somewhat rare at the start of the draft. Maybe once every 20 players. Then it get more frequent as the draft goes on, to the point where at the end it happens for practically every player. Which is the worst time since the picks are going more quickly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft App Crashes

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm asking Pasko Varnica to look at this - he's the designer of the software.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

paskov
Major League Regular

#3 Post by paskov »

Please, download the most recent version, the one dated March 11 (031114)

If you have an existing league that you want keep, follow the instruction to upgrade. Briefly, save My Baseball folder, download new version, replace My Baseball folder with the one you saved earlier.

CaptainTrunk

#4 Post by CaptainTrunk »

I'll try that, but this has happened to me every year for the past 3 years.

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by mjlewis »

I had 5+ crashes of this type in my draft yesterday. I didn't lose any state - it correctly put whoever I had just drafted onto the proper team when I reopened the application - but it was annoying.

Another bug: before the draft I set up keepers, and then when the auction started I discovered that I had accidentally set Ender Inciarte as a keeper for a team and undrafted him. Then every time it crashed, if that team still had an OF slot open, it would re-add him to the team, and when I undrafted him again it would add another copy of him to the draft pool, so as of the end of the draft I have four Ender Inciartes in my draft pool. It also appears to manually calculate players and money remaining, such that each time I undrafted Inciarte it would add 1 player remaining and $10 budget to that team, and now that team shows that it has 4 players left to buy and $40 in remaining budget even though they're full.

This was using the March 20 version.