Initial setup blues

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
murphfan

Initial setup blues

#1 Post by murphfan »

I've had a hard day and I just can't wrap my head around step 3 in the player pool setup.It says to place a 1 in the cell of positions to be removed. How do i know what i am short? In step two, the numbers for the 6 positions are 10-12-18-17-13-60. I am in a ten team, standard league with one catcher instead of two. For step 3, it already has 1's placed automatically in 4 positions. Same with step 4.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Initial setup blues

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What format is your league (AL/NL/Mix)?

The numbers already there should be cleared

put the cursor in the cell and backspace

You need to make sure you have 30 combined 2B/SS and 30 combined 1B/3B

It looks like there are 29 CI and 31 MI so in step 2, put a 1 in the highest box next to a 2B SS or OF then after clearing the numbers in step 3, put a 1 in the highest box next to a 1B or 3B then the number per positions will be in Step 5
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

murphfan

#3 Post by murphfan »

ok, now i understand. But what do i insert into the 1b/3b, 2b/ss and Util cells?

The values are coming up with everyone very undervalued. Braun at 35 i'd say is off by 10 roughly. Oddly, if i raise the percentage hitting to around .90, i get numbers that seem quite on par with our league but i must be doing something wrong. Sorry for the questions and thank you for your response.

C = 10
1b = 12
2b = 17
3b = 18
SS = 21
of = 114
1/3 = blank
2/s = blank
Ut = blank

Force positions is on, cap is 260.

League is 10-team NL only:
C-1
1b-1
2b-1
3b-1
SS-1
OF-5
Reserve draft after main draft of 5 players per.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

The math isn't adding up. Do you use MI, CI and UT?

If yes, you FIRST run, which should have TWO POOLS should have 10 C and 120 OF is that what you used?

The number per position you provided

C = 10
1b = 12
2b = 17
3b = 18
SS = 21
of = 114

Has WAY too many players, hence the lower values.

if you want to do this together via phone or Skype send me a PM.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

your top 20 should look like

Braun, Ryan $42
Kemp, Matt $34
McCutchen, Andrew $34
Gonzalez, Carlos $32
Upton, Justin $30
Wright, David $27
Headley, Chase $27
Craig, Allen $27
Votto, Joey $26
Pierre, Juan $26
Ramirez, Aramis $26
Upton, B.J. $26
Ramirez, Hanley $25
Stanton, Giancarlo $25
Heyward, Jason $25
Harper, Bryce $25
Tulowitzki, Troy $25
Choo, Shin-Soo $24
Castro, Starlin $24
Rollins, Jimmy $24