Values/Rankings for a league with non-standard categories

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
actuary316

Values/Rankings for a league with non-standard categories

#1 Post by actuary316 »

I am playing in a new league that has some non-standard hitting categories. They are OBP, HR, SB, TB (total bases) and Runs Produced (R+RBI-HR). Is there an easy way to calc values/rankings that incorporate these categories? Thanks for the input.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Values/Rankings for a league with non-standard categories

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Easy is a relative word 8-)

When is your draft/auction?

If you know excel, you should be able to do this. If not, can work with you next week -- I'm under a content crunch right now.

It's important to do this in this order, you'll see why in a minute

In the hitter's page of the CVRV - use a blank column to input the formula for runs produced, fill down, then copy-paste special values into the runs column.

Then copy/paste the TB column into the RBI column (that's why you need to do the other first as you are pasting over the RBI)

Set the top right pull down to OBP and you're good to go.

You have basically "tricked" the program into calculating the value for TB instead of RBI and runs produced instead of runs.

If you are now :P , then good luck

If you are now :shock: :o :?: , then hopefully your draft is not this weekend and I can get you what you need
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

actuary316

#3 Post by actuary316 »

I will definitely give it a try. Draft isnt until 3/20 so I have time!

Would you make any adjustments to the category weights?

Finally, the player pool is defined to be only the starting players and not the total players (starters & reserves), correct?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I would

1. go with the current weights and save the list
2. adjust them all to 1 and compare the lists to see which is more representative of how things will go

as for the pool, yeas, leave reserves out, but you do need to follow the direction -- people that assume they know what to do with the CVRC don't get it right -- it is not intuitive but it makes sense if you understand what it is doing

don't waste too much time fiddling, it would take me 2 minutes to do what is necessary if you need help

or if you want to do it yourself but have me guiding on the phone, shoot me a PM
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

actuary316

#5 Post by actuary316 »

Everything worked out just fine. Thanks for the help.