2012 Hitting CVRC $ Values for 5x5 AL Only

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
wag021970

2012 Hitting CVRC $ Values for 5x5 AL Only

#1 Post by wag021970 »

1st year platinum user, and had no problems generating values for NL-only Batting and Pitching, as well as AL Pitching. But, my AL batting auction values seem way out of whack.

Seeing a value of $69 for Pujols, $63 for Ellsbury, and even $68 for Napoli.

Player Pool has 37 catchers in it (I need 20), but couldn't see a way to add subtract catchers and add to other positions in the player pool (catcher not listed as one of the positions for adding/subtracting). I attempted to add/subtract from some positions and re-generate values, and still get the values similar to the above. Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2012 Hitting CVRC $ Values for 5x5 AL Only

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

wag021970 wrote:1st year platinum user, and had no problems generating values for NL-only Batting and Pitching, as well as AL Pitching. But, my AL batting auction values seem way out of whack.

Seeing a value of $69 for Pujols, $63 for Ellsbury, and even $68 for Napoli.

Player Pool has 37 catchers in it (I need 20), but couldn't see a way to add subtract catchers and add to other positions in the player pool (catcher not listed as one of the positions for adding/subtracting). I attempted to add/subtract from some positions and re-generate values, and still get the values similar to the above. Is anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions? Thanks!
The instructions for setting the player pool size is not clear to everyone -- I would not trust your NL values until you are sure you are following this properly.

Let's start with the AL -- how many teams are in your league and what are the roster requirements?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

wag021970

#3 Post by wag021970 »

10-team AL only, with standard setup. I have Player Pool setup for 20 Catchers and 120 OF, and it shows 20 Catchers, 50 OF and 10 for all other positions, which is accurate. Salary cap is $260, AND 0.70 for hitting %. League is set to AL and STANDARD. Tried to attach Excel output file to assist, but received an error.

Thank you for the initial response!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

wag021970 wrote:10-team AL only, with standard setup. I have Player Pool setup for 20 Catchers and 120 OF, and it shows 20 Catchers, 50 OF and 10 for all other positions, which is accurate. Salary cap is $260, AND 0.70 for hitting %. League is set to AL and STANDARD. Tried to attach Excel output file to assist, but received an error.

Thank you for the initial response!
1. Change standard to customize
2. Make sure POOL COMPOSITION is TWO POOLS
3. make sure teams is at 10
4. Leave C at 20 and OF at 120
5. Click Values and report back
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

wag021970

#5 Post by wag021970 »

Bingo - issue was changing to CUSTOMIZE. I thought if my roster size composition was the same I should leave that as STANDARD. I really appreciate the timely assistance, Todd!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

wag021970 wrote:Bingo - issue was changing to CUSTOMIZE. I thought if my roster size composition was the same I should leave that as STANDARD. I really appreciate the timely assistance, Todd!
if you like those numbers, they are perfectly usable, or you can refine them a bit -- your call