CVRC newbie questions

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

CVRC newbie questions

#1 Post by alleyoops »

First year as Platinum, and I'm playing around with some of the tools. I'm in only 3 leagues this year, and 2 of them are exactly "standard" - i.e. 12 team NL 5x5 and 12 team Mixed 5x5. The third league is 14 team mixed. I can use the 15 team values, and be OK, but thought I'd go to CVRC to see how the values change going from 12 to 14.

1. When I first bring up HITCVRC0215, it has mixed 15 loaded, for the most part. It only shows NL players on the Rankings and Rankings$ sheets. Atbats and DraftSoftware sheets have both leagues.

2. I changed the dropdown to STANDARD, then changed the number of teams to 14. The # of players column looks good.

3. I left all other fields the same, then clicked Click to Generate Values. Nothing seemed to happen/change. (I had answered yes to Enable macros, and yes to update other files).

4. I then clicked the remaining buttons below the Click for Values. Again, could see no changes.

5. When I clicked the Draft Software button, I got an error saying "Scripting Framework error while running the UNKNOWN script UNKNOWN" - Incorrect format for Script URI.

One thing that I should note is that I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc, not Excel. I haven't seen anything "funny" from this, but most of what I've used it for haven't used macros.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC newbie questions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

alleyoops wrote:First year as Platinum, and I'm playing around with some of the tools. I'm in only 3 leagues this year, and 2 of them are exactly "standard" - i.e. 12 team NL 5x5 and 12 team Mixed 5x5. The third league is 14 team mixed. I can use the 15 team values, and be OK, but thought I'd go to CVRC to see how the values change going from 12 to 14.

1. When I first bring up HITCVRC0215, it has mixed 15 loaded, for the most part. It only shows NL players on the Rankings and Rankings$ sheets. Atbats and DraftSoftware sheets have both leagues.
Those will change after you click the button you want. Well, except at bats. What is showing is just the info generated from the last time I clicked those buttons. That is, other than at bats, the info on those sheets is irrelevant until you set up a league and click the button you want.
alleyoops wrote:2. I changed the dropdown to STANDARD, then changed the number of teams to 14. The # of players column looks good.
Once you are more familiar with the program, it is recommended to customize to your league setting as I cannot preload a standard setting that is guaranteed to work for all league sizes. Values will be close, but could be closer.
alleyoops wrote:3. I left all other fields the same, then clicked Click to Generate Values. Nothing seemed to happen/change. (I had answered yes to Enable macros, and yes to update other files).

4. I then clicked the remaining buttons below the Click for Values. Again, could see no changes.

5. When I clicked the Draft Software button, I got an error saying "Scripting Framework error while running the UNKNOWN script UNKNOWN" - Incorrect format for Script URI.

One thing that I should note is that I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc, not Excel. I haven't seen anything "funny" from this, but most of what I've used it for haven't used macros.
This is where things get hinky as I wrote it for Excel and that is all I can really troubleshoot. You already answered the macro question.

The fallback is PMing me your league specs and which files you wanted and I send you the results.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord