using CVRC on mac excel 2011

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

using CVRC on mac excel 2011

#1 Post by infiniteloop »

Hi,
I've used the software on a PC without problems. But I cannot get it to work on my mac.

I configured the League Set-up, but the Click to Generate Values button is not clickable.

Any thoughts? Macros are enabled.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: using CVRC on mac excel 2011

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

i don't know enough about the Mac to know if just enabling Macros will do the trick, but all the Macro does is pull the names and values onto the value page -- all the actual calculations are done without Macros.

This is the easy way to make it work. Pardon me if I am speaking down to you in terms of your Excel acumen.

Go to the values page, and in cell A1, copy and paste in this code

=League_Set_Up!HU2

then fill right to column K and down to row 517

You should now see the players and $Val

To get rid of the formula and make it just the names and numbers (this is how to do it with Windows, it may be different)

SELECT ALL - COPY - PASTE SPECIAL -- VALUES

You can also reformat the $CAT and final values as you wish.

Pitching is

=League_Set_Up!CV2

then fill right to column I and down to row 494
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by infiniteloop »

OK, thanks, I did that, and got values. In the setup, I chose AL, and got just AL teams. I also chose OBP, but the values sheet lists BA in the column header. Are these values BA or OBP?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

they're OBP
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord