CVRC Question on final pool players

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

CVRC Question on final pool players

#1 Post by viper »

I feel it is unlikely that exactly the right number of players will fill all positions. I can see that this year you are forcing the required number of positive valued catchers. Using the NFBC as an example, in prior years for the pool of 210 starting position players, there would only be about 20 catchers and 190 position non-catchers with positive dollar amounts. That might not be the right mix but there was never 30 positive dollared catchers. I doubt that has changed.

What are you doing to the dollars to force the remaining positive valued catchers?

What are you doing to reduce the needed position players? I suspect the UT slots allows you to get the needed position players but there will have been 10 or so players whose $number would have been reduced.

I could run the pool with zero catchers and 210 UT but before I did that, I am curious as to your methodology.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Question on final pool players

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

same methodology, just forcing the last player at each position to be $1 and scaling up

The purpose is not so much to account for scarcity, having the correct number of players at each position, but rather being more realistic because the last player bought per position should be $1, with caveat that CI/MI/UT can mess with that a little.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord