difference b/t standings and roster tracker and ultra

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
flem15
Low-A

difference b/t standings and roster tracker and ultra

#1 Post by flem15 »

Hi... New subscriber, multi attendee to the arizona symposium and have enjoyed and used your insight...

could you let me know what the difference is between the 2012 Standings andRoster Tracker (.xls) and the 2012 Ultra Standings and Roster Tracker (.xls)

Also, are there any plans or thoughts about offering Mastersdraft in a non-windows format?

Thanks
rob fleming

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: difference b/t standings and roster tracker and ultra

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

The Ultra version is specifically designed with the popular NFBC Slow Drafts in mind. Those leagues have 15 teams with 50 players per team, so it is populated with many, many more players and has the ability to add in even more. Obviously, it can also be used for non-NFBC leagues with deep rosters, hence why I call it Ultra, as that is the conventional term for leagues with extended reserves

The standard version is START is for regular leagues, it is populated with only the players we project so it should handle the majority of common leagues.

It is not designed (yet) to handle anything except standard 5x5.

Both do the same thing, Ultra has more players pre-loaded.

As for MastersDraft, Pasko Varnica is better suited to answer but presently, it is a matter of efficiency. The effort and cost of offering MastersDraft in a non-Windows format exceeds the limited demand we would have for it, at least presently. The main reason is while we are comfortable we have a working product, it is still a bit of a work in progress as we are slowly adding more functionality. Once we feel we are at a point where there are no more additions that would benefit enough users, we may switch our focus to developing software for other platforms. I know there is a significant number of Mac users just pining for draft software. Hopefully, sooner than later we will be able to oblige, but there is nothing imminent, or even formally planned.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

flem15
Low-A

Re: difference b/t standings and roster tracker and ultra

#3 Post by flem15 »

Thanks Todd.

I'm going to do some experimenting with files and try to use them for a scoresheet format. I've played scoresheet for years but last year I played in a head to head 5X5 roto league.

I was lucky enough to make it to the championship series where I lost 6 - 4.

rob