Mastersdraft Software Problem - Importing Projections

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
blevine19

Mastersdraft Software Problem - Importing Projections

#1 Post by blevine19 »

New user of the software. I'm trying to import the projections into the software and I'm receiving the following error message:

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down. The error message showed up after two players were shown as imported.

Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mastersdraft Software Problem - Importing Projections

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Can you please provide all the details.

What projections were you trying to import?

What is your OS?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

paskov
Major League Regular

#3 Post by paskov »

This message is displayed when the format of the Excel spreadsheet that is attempted to be imported does not conform to the expected format.
To import Mastersball projections, open the projections spreadsheet, either Hitters or Pitchers and copy the entire content of hitters (or pitchers) tab into a new spreadsheet. Then import this newly created spreadsheet.
Likewise for CVRC created values, once the league characteristics have been entered, click on “Click here for Draft Software”. This will generate the values and place them in DraftSoftware tab. Copy the entire content of DraftSoftware tab into a new spreadsheet. Then import this newly created spreadsheet.

Pasko

blevine19

#4 Post by blevine19 »

Thanks. That worked for the Hitters projections but I'm still receiving the same error message for the Pitchers.

I'm working on Windows OS 7

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Again, I need you to be a lot more specific. In order to emulate the issue and find the problem, I need to know exactly what you are doing.

What spreadsheet are you importing?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

blevine19

#6 Post by blevine19 »

Sure. I downloaded the latest Pitchers projections file from the platinum download area. Saved the file in excel 97-2003. As suggested, copied the data from each tab into a new file and saved that file in excel 97-2003. Opened up the MastersDraft.exe. Import projections using my newly created file and I received the same error message as noted above. As mentioned, I did have success with the Hitters projections file.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

FWIW, if you did not use the CVRC, then MastersDraft comes preloaded with the projections you are trying to download.

Can you verify that they are already loaded?

If you have a customized format, then we would need to import those from the CVRC.

blevine19

#8 Post by blevine19 »

It did come pre-loaded. I just customized the CVRC files and imported those with no issues. Thanks for the help.