mastersdraft screen problem

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
josh

mastersdraft screen problem

#1 Post by josh »

when I am in the draft room in the draft software, the right edge of the screen is cut off. The window wont resize. I tried changing the resolution under options, neither option works. If it helps/matters, I have a widescreen monitor. thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: mastersdraft screen problem

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

it is an issue with the resolution, I had it myself when I first used the program. You have to change the resolution on your laptop, not within the software.

I am going to make sure Pasko sees this, he can supply more details.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

josh

#3 Post by josh »

umm, im a computer idiot, how do I do change that and to what setting? also, when i try signing in on the main page to look at platinum content, it either takes a couple tries or it wont let me sign in at all and brings me to a page that says invalid token. any tips? thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Pasko is much better able to explain what to do than I but if you are feeling frisky, try this but please note the resolution before you do this so you can return it back in the event it messes up your other programs.

I can explain for Vista, I am not sure this is the same for all OS but maybe there is enough info here to extrapolate, otherwise Pasko can help out (my original intent).

Go to a blank portion on your monitor and right-click. There should be a choice for NVIDIA Control Panel. This is where you alter the resolution on your PC. Note the current resolution. Mine is set at 1280x768 - so maybe try that and see how MastersDraft looks.

As for the invalid token issue, this has to do with the storage and recognition of a cookie. Usually once a user encounters it and gets past it, their computer is "trained" going forward.

What you need to do is after seeing the invalid token screen, backtoggle one page, then hit refresh or reload, depending on your browser, then log in again and make sure you tell the site to "remember me." You can tell if it worked if the box says "Welcome josh" or whatever is in for your username. Every ensuing time to call up the page, you should see that message.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#5 Post by Black Sox »

For the invalid token problem, I get the same thing. The only way I have found to get around it is to log into my account in the forums. After logging in hit on the return to masterball in the upper right corner and you will stay logged in. Hope that helps.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

josh

#6 Post by josh »

Black Sox wrote:For the invalid token problem, I get the same thing. The only way I have found to get around it is to log into my account in the forums. After logging in hit on the return to masterball in the upper right corner and you will stay logged in. Hope that helps.
thats funny, last night after i posted, I actually did that by accident and it worked!

paskov
Major League Regular

#7 Post by paskov »

Josh,
we opted not to make the draft window resizable because it would hinder the draft itself, I mean, having to size and resize with every pick. But you can move the window left and right to uncover other windows. Grab the top bar of the window with the left mouse and move it and the window will move with you.
The resolution that Todd suggested, that is, 1280 X 800 is the ideal one. With this resolution the draft window fits perfectly on the monitor's screen.
Let me know if you have any questions about how to change screen resolution.

Pasko