Points League Rankings

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
cccp00a

Points League Rankings

#1 Post by cccp00a »

Hello,

Just purchased the platinum package as I wanted to move to this site from others I have used in the past. Software looks good and I like the projections.

But, a number of my leagues are points based. Is there any current system or plans in the future to allow the ability to input points to certian categories and then have the rankings based on these settings?

Thanks
Scott

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Points League Rankings

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

If you post your scoring system, I can either cyber-talk you through the means to do it (depending on your Excel acumen) or I can set it up for you.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SteveSteve2000

#3 Post by SteveSteve2000 »

I am in a total points league as well. Can you help me with using some of your excel tools?

I have already figured out your hitters and pitchers projections. does any of your draft or CVRC software?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

SteveSteve2000 wrote:I am in a total points league as well. Can you help me with using some of your excel tools?

I have already figured out your hitters and pitchers projections. does any of your draft or CVRC software?
Sorry, i don't understand what you are saying then asking.

But to make a guess, I can tweak the CVRC into producing rankings based on your scoring system if you post your league spec, etc.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SteveSteve2000

#5 Post by SteveSteve2000 »

Oh boy. I didnt finish my sentence.

You guessed correctly. Wondering how you make the CVRC software sort by points?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Depends on how good you are with excel. Basically, you set up a formula to calculate the points, then copy/paste that into one of the categories and tell the CVRC to only count that category using the category weights.

If you post your scoring system and league specs, I can post directions.

SteveSteve2000

#7 Post by SteveSteve2000 »

very good with excel. so basically i enter my scoring formula into say the "HR" category (my scoring is based on TB so the HR category is useless) then on the "league setup" tab under "category weights" i would make "HR" 1 and all the rest 0? likewise for pitchers say "ERA" (we score based on earned runs not ERA specifically). if this is right dont worry about instructions. i know what to do.

just in case my scoring is as follows:

2pts per sb. 1pts per tb, rbi, run, bb, hbp, sac, sf. -1pts for k, cs.
10pts per win and save. 3pts per IP. 1pts per k. -1pts per bb, hit, er. -5pts per loss and blown save.

also does this work with the draft software?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

SteveSteve2000 wrote:very good with excel. so basically i enter my scoring formula into say the "HR" category (my scoring is based on TB so the HR category is useless) then on the "league setup" tab under "category weights" i would make "HR" 1 and all the rest 0? likewise for pitchers say "ERA" (we score based on earned runs not ERA specifically). if this is right dont worry about instructions. i know what to do.

just in case my scoring is as follows:

2pts per sb. 1pts per tb, rbi, run, bb, hbp, sac, sf. -1pts for k, cs.
10pts per win and save. 3pts per IP. 1pts per k. -1pts per bb, hit, er. -5pts per loss and blown save.

also does this work with the draft software?
Yes on the hitting and almost on the pitching. The ERA is funky because it is a ratio category,so you need to do it under a counting category. Please use strikeouts since the replacement calculation is funky for wins and saves -- strikeouts it is straightforward. Just use a cell to the right for the formula, then copy - paste special - values into the strikeout column and you are good to go.

I am not sure about Mastersdraft, though I think it should work the same way, leave the points in HR and K and tell MD the weights and it should be fine.