Mastersdraft for non 5x5 leagues?

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
WillRoy
Major League All-Star

Mastersdraft for non 5x5 leagues?

#1 Post by WillRoy »

Hiya,

The software looks great...But I can't seem to change the $ values or category tracking for my non 5x5 leagues (all of them are unfortunately...).

Is this not possible? It does allow me to select categories but not sure that changes anything anywhere.

Worst part is that out of all the projections I've seen, MB is the most bullish on my guys from all 4 of my leagues (many overlap)... So I'll feel better about all the trading/drafts/keepers. ha

Best!
-Will
Storrs City Chess Company

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mastersdraft for non 5x5 leagues?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

It cannot be done directly (yet, it is planned for future releases), but we can use the function to import CVRC projections to "fool" it into doing the work for a different league. We would have to make your categories line up with the normal ones but it can be done. Well, I don't think we could handle more that one ratio category for hitters (BA, OBP etc) or two for pitching, but counting stats can be dealt with with a little patience.

I should say we cannot handle more than 5 categories, only change them from the standard.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by WillRoy »

How exactly would I be able to change the CVRC values?

Specifically here is the basic gist of the 4 leagues extra categories:

Each either has a category which strengthens power and patience (I.E. OPS or TB+BB or Points etc.) as well.
Each also has a category for strengthening SP and/or high IP relievers (IP or a bonus for GS or wins-L added etc).
Each also includes Holds (SV+HLD or HLD), but that is easy enough to add value to myself.

So if I wanted to strengthen the above with only 5 categories at my disposal what would you recommend (While keeping most of the value of SB/BA/RBI/R/HR the same)?

One idea I thought of is just taking out SB and adding up to $9 of value in my head for the basestealers, and taking out SV for the pitchers. Then adding in OPS and IP or something. Edit: actually make that TB+BB after rereading your post Re: ratio categories.

Second, I actually am already receiving an invalid string error on any import...and the readme doesn't list where the files should be from (folder-wise) so I'm a little confused how to edit CVRC and import myself.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

For the second question, please refer to THIS THREAD and PM paskov for help.

For the leagues, first off, what kind of timetable are we talking about and second, can you please list the exact format for each?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by WillRoy »

A few members are in one of these leagues so I'd prefer keeping really specific advice really quiet if at all possible ;). I'm pretty good with excel and formulas. I'd prefer fixing it through PM or doing it through general advice.

I will PM Pasko and yourself (Pasko for the tech stuff.)
Storrs City Chess Company