UltraStandings and Roster Tracker problem

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
davep
Triple-A

UltraStandings and Roster Tracker problem

#1 Post by davep »

There is a glitch in the Ultra Standings and Roster Tracker in the Saves category. Can I change the saves numbers myself, or is it easiest to just wait for an updated version? (no hurry, I don't plan to be drafting any closers for awhile)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: UltraStandings and Roster Tracker problem

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

You can type in over any of the stats that you wish.

I see the glitch and will fix that now.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Saves is fixed.

I am looking at BA now. I don't like the way the new adjustment has changed a couple of hitters.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

davep
Triple-A

#4 Post by davep »

Awesome, thanks. This is an extremely useful tool for NFBC Slow Drafts... is there a quick way to find a player in the hitter or pitcher list, like a search, or can I put the lists in alphabetical order?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

davep wrote:Awesome, thanks. This is an extremely useful tool for NFBC Slow Drafts... is there a quick way to find a player in the hitter or pitcher list, like a search, or can I put the lists in alphabetical order?

Dave -- are you talking about the pulldown menu or the actual names that are shown?

One of the "problems" is since there is code in the cells, easy sorting is not possible. My preference is to have the initial list be by dollar value. Some like it alphabetical.

If you are not concerned about the players not on the list, or you are willing to type in the players not actually listed, then it is simple to convert the cells to numbers/text and you will be able to sort on any column.

davep
Triple-A

#6 Post by davep »

I'm just talking about finding players as they are drafted to add to the rosters. They are in order of AB's and IP's, so it's a long list to scroll through and can be tough to find players. But, this is certainly not a big deal. If I can't find someone, I can cross-check AB's against the projections and find him.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

gotcha -- if you want to be able to sort by any of those columns, it is an easy Excel fix, with the sole issue being you will not be able to access unlisted players from the pulldown menu.

Here are two different things you can do, depending on what you want to be able to do.

1. If you don't care about being able to sort by at bats and only care about alphabetical sorting, you can put the cursor in the Player name box and SORT ASCENDING and the list will be alphabetical. The pulldown availability for unlisted players will still be there.

2. If you do not care about being able to add unlisted players or don't mind typing them in, doing this separately but the same process to both hitting and pitching....

- highlight all the players and the stats, starting in cell C7 and dragging it to the bottom right
-right click, choose copy
-right click, choose paste special, click the values circle, click OK
-starting at the first PLAYER NAME cell under those listed (it appears blank), highlight the area from the name to where the stats would be, then go down to row 2000
-right click, choose clear contents

You should now be able to sort by ANY column.

davep
Triple-A

#8 Post by davep »

perfect, that is exactly what I was looking to do, thanks.