CVRC tool and 2011 stats

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
gmatles
Major League Regular

CVRC tool and 2011 stats

#1 Post by gmatles »

First, thanks for a great season - I have three fantasy teams in three very competitive leagues and finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. Mastersball was well worth the time and money invested!

Was wondering if there was a chance that the 2011 player stats could be loaded onto the CVRC tool so that we could compute the value earned by each player during the season in my respective leagues?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC tool and 2011 stats

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I have this on my Toddy-do list but I have some non-baseball priorities higher. The primary issue is with only leagues, the stats are different with leagues that allow cross-over players to keep accruing stats and those that are of the old-school SOL variety.

That said, data can easily be imported onto an existing CVRC. The key is never to use the CUT, DELETE or INSERT functions. COPY, PASTE and CLEAR CONTENTS will work fine.

Data columns that are necessary for standard 4x4 or 5x5 leagues are LG (has to be A or N), PPOS (has to be C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS or OF), AB, H, HR, R, RBI, SB, BA. The name can be in any form and the team designation does not have to be as it is now. You'll want to make the names of players with the same name a little different, even putting a period at the end of the name will be enough. Pitching is similar, you need LG, W, SV, IP, H, ER, BB, K, ERA and WHIP.

No promises, but depending on how some things go this week, I will try to post all the different permutations by the end of next weekend.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

values posted -- see announcement on the front page
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

gmatles
Major League Regular

#4 Post by gmatles »

Todd,

Thanks for posting the 2011 values...I've been trying to access the platinum download page to access the CVRC tool to customize the values for my league but have been unsuccessful...I enter my user name and password but not given access...any help would be appreciated.

Gary

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Odd - it shows you logged in and your account is still active.

I'd try logging out and logging back in and see what happens or perhaps use an alternate browser.

Worst case is let me know which ones you want and I will e-mail them directly to you.