mastersdraft - really minor crash bug

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

mastersdraft - really minor crash bug

#1 Post by mjlewis »

I was able to crash the hitter import from CVRC by setting the BA weighting to 0 and generating values (even though I had generated the DraftSoftware screen with BA at the normal 0.8).

At least I think I was able to. I know it crashed and rerunning the numbers with normal BA weighting fixed it, even though I didn't rerun the draft software generation.

- Mike

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

Re: mastersdraft - really minor crash bug

#2 Post by mjlewis »

another usability note: the UI for adding keepers is really weird. You have to click the player in the player list, then click the slot he's going to go into in the roster, then drag from the list to the roster.

- Mike

paskov
Major League Regular

Re: mastersdraft - really minor crash bug

#3 Post by paskov »

Thank you for the constructive input; we appreciate any feedback. I must tell you that the import has given us headaches. There could be an infinite set or reasons causing problems with importing spreadsheets and we felt we could spend a lifetime going through all of them. However, users need a better feedback from the application than a nasty crash when something illegal is encountered. And your find is not illegal anyway. So the next version may not resolve all the illegal combinations but we will do our best to provide a meaningful message instead of a crash.
You are also right about how keepers are stored. We have done extensive user testing and found out the during a draft when the attention is elsewhere, the eyes are wandering and the hands are trembling, the best user interface is a clear but simple click of the mouse. We have unnecessarity used the same principal with keepers. You will be pleased to know that we are changing it to simple drag&drop and also at the same time adding a field to type in names of keepers that are not found in the projections. You know, for those guys who like to have highschool kids on their keeper lists.