CVRC and keepers and CER

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

CVRC and keepers and CER

#1 Post by mjlewis »

man I have a lot of questions today. Sorry to keep pestering you.

Let's say that I have four keepers in an AL-only league: Mark Reynolds, Mike Napoli, Adam Lind, and Carlos Quentin. I know I can delete those players (and whatever other players are kept) from the CVRC spreadsheet before calculating values, but should I also adjust the category weights to decrease the importance of HR and increase the importance of AVG? If so, do you have any suggestions for the "correct" way to do it, or is it just a matter of personal taste?

- Mike

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC and keepers and CER

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

FWIW, I plan my schedule to have this week and weekend clear, so I am just "doing my job" answering questions.

This might just be semantics, but "delete" will mess things up. You want to either clear contents or if it is an AL league, change the league to N and vice versa.

As for your question, there is no "right" way, which is one reason I prefer to "wing it." If you are protecting a ton of steals, you may want to de-emphasize SB. If you are keeping 3 top K pitchers but have no saves, maybe jack up saves.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord