MastersDraft usability suggestions

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

MastersDraft usability suggestions

#1 Post by mjlewis »

It would be nice if there was an easy place to see how many second basemen are still needed, or something like that.

Also, when you click on a player with negative value to auction them, it should start at $1 instead of -$5 or whatever.

- Mike

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: MastersDraft usability suggestions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

mjlewis wrote:It would be nice if there was an easy place to see how many second basemen are still needed, or something like that.
The rosters of all the teams are available so this information is there. If it were to be consolidated on a small chart, it would be with the caveat that players can still be moved around so it would not be an "absolute" number, just a count of the open roster spots as the teams are constituted at that time.
mjlewis wrote:Also, when you click on a player with negative value to auction them, it should start at $1 instead of -$5 or whatever.

- Mike
I disagree but am willing to consider an argument why. My feeling is you want to know what your value for the player is. You are going to change the value to what he is bought for. Having it come up at $1 gives the impression he is worth buying.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by mjlewis »

well, I can see the number he's worth on the left side of the screen, it's not like i have to look hard to find it.

another thing: it doesn't seem to properly understand the idea of bench spots that you have to bid on in the auction, which is admittedly kind of unusual. but it's telling me i have -2 players left to pick, and it's calculating my money remaining wrong because it's not taking that into account.

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by mjlewis »

oh, and it thinks the bench spots are hitter only so it gives me a warning if I put a pitcher there.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

mjlewis wrote:well, I can see the number he's worth on the left side of the screen, it's not like i have to look hard to find it.

another thing: it doesn't seem to properly understand the idea of bench spots that you have to bid on in the auction, which is admittedly kind of unusual. but it's telling me i have -2 players left to pick, and it's calculating my money remaining wrong because it's not taking that into account.
Yeah, we need to clean up the reserve thing, we realize that. We need to set the default as no reserves in the auction. if the league is one that allows bidding on reserves, one should have to customize that.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

mjlewis wrote:well, I can see the number he's worth on the left side of the screen, it's not like i have to look hard to find it.
Understood, but what is the purpose/advantage of having $1 be the number displayed when it is in the bidding holding cell?

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#7 Post by mjlewis »

Todd Zola wrote:
Understood, but what is the purpose/advantage of having $1 be the number displayed when it is in the bidding holding cell?
only that it saves me three or four mouse clicks if I'm using the arrows to mark what price the guy sold at (which is usually $1 in the case of negative-valued guys). and I've already had to explicitly click on the line that has my price for the player just to get the name to appear in the holding cell.

as for the reserve player thing -- yeah, I'm not used to leagues like that either, but it appears that the default settings for ESPN auction leagues include three bench spots that you have to pay for. I guess I could just set my starting budget to $257.

- Mike