Draft Software - Where's Hiroki Kuroda

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
rotonut

Re: Draft Software - Where's Hiroki Kuroda

#11 Post by rotonut »

I was actually testing out the software for the first time for the MB Mock. So, I'm in mid-draft. I can't say that I'm all the excited to re-enter all of the players, but if you're saying that my only recourse, than so be it.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

Pasko has been emailed.

maybe there is a file you can e-mail to one of us that we can drop into our version and try to recreate the problem
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Todd Zola »

Kuroda was drafted by viper in R12, so basically, when you went to give him to Mike, he is not in the list?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

rotonut

#14 Post by rotonut »

That's right. Now, I had to Undraft some players since I drafted out of order. I'm not sure if Kuroda was one of the players I had to undraft. Could that have any impact?

Is the file I need to send the .exe file, or is the date stored somewhere else?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Todd Zola »

Stored elsewhere, but the undrafting is good info -- though recreating the draft list is supposed to take care of that.

rotonut

#16 Post by rotonut »

Okay... I'm at a loss. Let me know what I should send to Pasko or you and I'll do so tomorrow. Time to sign off for the night. Thanks again.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#17 Post by Todd Zola »

Sit tight and let Pasko take it from here.

paskov
Major League Regular

#18 Post by paskov »

I have a thought because something similar happened to me once. I am not saying that this is the case, but do me a favor and look at all the teams on the Teams By Round window to see if Kuroda appears on a team.

This is what happened to me: in round 12 I realized that I made a mistake in round 5. I scrolled up to round 5, undrafted a couple of players, then highlighted a player with the intention to place him in the hole created when I undrafted. However, instead of pressing Out of Order Draft button, I pressed Draft button. The player ended up not in the open spot in round 5 that I was staring at in the window but all the way down in the next open slot in round 12. The player was on a totally random team. So there I was, scratching my head, wondering what happened to the player.
Other than that, if a player is not on a team and does not re-appear on a re-created draft list, then send me this file:
.....documents/my baseball/leagues file name leagues.zen. Send it to pasko@mastersball.com
because I am curious too.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#19 Post by viper »

I never realized that problems I would cause by drafting Kuroda. Makes me think of the problem when two players have identical stats. I do not use this new software.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

rotonut

#20 Post by rotonut »

Thanks to Pasko for fixing the issue. Thanks to Todd for getting the ball rolling. It's the content that all gets us here. It's the personal attention that keeps us coming back.