Import Error in Draft Software

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Import Error in Draft Software

#11 Post by Todd Zola »

CaptainTrunk wrote:Just wanted to put the resolution here in case anyone finds the thread. You need to hit the "generate values" button first, then you can hit the "draft software" button. Once I did that everything worked.

Thanks to Todd for spending the time to figure out my mistake.
FWIW, I have rewritten the macro so just hitting the draft software button will work. I should have done that the first time :(

This will be included in Thursday's update.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I too am having trouble with importing CRVC data into the Draft Software. I am set up for a 12 team only league, $260 Budget, 4x4 with equal weights (1 for all categories) with a BA baseline of .266 and 70% budget allocated to offense - the pool size factor is .299. Now, there is no problem importing the Masterball projections - but then I try to do CRVC, it stops at record 280 for the offense and gives the message:

For the pitching CRVC, it stops at record 245. Pitching is set up for 12 team 4x4 260 with equal weights. ERA baseline is 3.80, Whip is 1.3 - pitching percentage is 30% and pool factor is .3

One other question - it may have already been addressed, but I haven't found it - why are the values for the CRVC different from the ones on the draft software tab?

EDIT: - something else I just discovered - due to this error, the CRVC files are now locked for editing and are only available to me read only. And to answer the inevitable question - Excel 2007 but CRVC is run in compatibility mode for Excel 2003.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:
One other question - it may have already been addressed, but I haven't found it - why are the values for the CRVC different from the ones on the draft software tab?
I don't know if this is the issue, but this is the part I can first handle.

Can you be a little more clear? Which CVRC file are you using, the most recent?

Previous to this last file, in order to properly set up the CVRC for MastersDraft, you had to first click for values and second click the MastersDraft button. If you only clicked the Mastersdraft button, it would pull in whatever was on the VALUES tab when you downloaded it. I have reprogrammed the macro that if you only click the MastersDraft button, if first runs the values and then brings them over to the MastersDraft worksheet. So starting with March 10, they both should be the same and all you have to do is click the Mastersdraft button.

Past that, I need to bring Pasko in. One thing I just noticed when I imported data from the CVRC, and this never happened when I was testing the program is I too would get that error, but when I tried it again, it got past that point and brought everyone in successfully. I don't know enough (ok, anything) about the real basic software, so I have no clue why this occurred. When we were testing it and got that message, it was a glitch with the file and we would stop EVERY time, until we fixed the glitch. The process of having it stop, then trying again and having it work was a first.

But let's get the first question solved before the suggestion is "just try it again."

And in the meantime, I will try to regenerate the "try it again" problem, noting the player(s) it stuck on as that may be a clue with respect to what is happening.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

The CVRC files are the version from 031011. Your solution as to the different values seems to be dead on (but, from your response, I'm guessing you thought this wasn't an issue in the latest release). When I re did the numbers doing values first, then Draft software, they now seem to be identical values. Thank you for the support, Todd. I'll wait on further information from the developer (BTW - tried the "re-try" idea - n.g. ...same thing)

BTW - 031111 Pitching CRVC does not have a Masters Draft button - two buttons - one for click for values, one for click for draft software. EDIT:- AHA ....nomenclature - Drat Software buttion IS Masters Draft button!
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:The CVRC files are the version from 031011. Your solution as to the different values seems to be dead on (but, from your response, I'm guessing you thought this wasn't an issue in the latest release). When I re did the numbers doing values first, then Draft software, they now seem to be identical values. Thank you for the support, Todd. I'll wait on further information from the developer (BTW - tried the "re-try" idea - n.g. ...same thing)
I've found what I think is a bug, I am checking on it. It may or may not be the issue.

But for clarification, with the 3-10 release of the CVRC, hitting JUST the Draft Software button now produces identical values. The first step of the Draft Software macro is now running the macro to create values.

More questions....

Mixed LEAGUE, AL OR NL?

Have you previously successfully imported values, so you are in essence importing updated values? This is important because the bug I am finding depends upon what I just uploaded and what I am trying to upload. If I have all AL players for example, I am getting an issue when I switch to all NL with the pitching.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Todd Zola wrote:
da_big_kid_94 wrote:The CVRC files are the version from 031011. Your solution as to the different values seems to be dead on (but, from your response, I'm guessing you thought this wasn't an issue in the latest release). When I re did the numbers doing values first, then Draft software, they now seem to be identical values. Thank you for the support, Todd. I'll wait on further information from the developer (BTW - tried the "re-try" idea - n.g. ...same thing)
I've found what I think is a bug, I am checking on it. It may or may not be the issue.

But for clarification, with the 3-10 release of the CVRC, hitting JUST the Draft Software button now produces identical values. The first step of the Draft Software macro is now running the macro to create values.

More questions....

Mixed LEAGUE, AL OR NL?

Have you previously successfully imported values, so you are in essence importing updated values? This is important because the bug I am finding depends upon what I just uploaded and what I am trying to upload. If I have all AL players for example, I am getting an issue when I switch to all NL with the pitching.
Right - wasn't clear enough in first post - AL and NL only run separately. This is my first attempt at importing values into the draft software. But you just made me think of something on my end - I may be too smart by half.
EDIT: Nope - I thought I was causing a problem with the file naming convention when I saved two versions of each file (Hit and Pitch) with league specific titles and underscores in front of original file names (i.e. AL_). Same problem when using the regular naming convention.

rotonut

#17 Post by rotonut »

I also received this error but figured out how to correct it. It seemed that the data file that generated the error was missing a couple of $ values in the "$" column. This created the error. Once I inserted the correct dollar value and re-saved the file, the draft software was able to import the file without errors. Hope this helps.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Todd Zola »

rotonut wrote:I also received this error but figured out how to correct it. It seemed that the data file that generated the error was missing a couple of $ values in the "$" column. This created the error. Once I inserted the correct dollar value and re-saved the file, the draft software was able to import the file without errors. Hope this helps.
I also corrected that file so it should be okay.

DBK's issue is with the CVRC. We are about to upload a new copy with a list of changes and how to use it without losing anything you already have.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#19 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Houston, it appears we have liftoff ...imported files from CVRC into draft engine with no problems using latest versions. Thank you both, Todd and Paskov