Disappearing Chris Young in Draft Software

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
themather

Disappearing Chris Young in Draft Software

#1 Post by themather »

Todd ...

In the process of loading keepers into the draft software, I have one team keeping Chris Young (OF) and another keeping Chris Young (P). For whatever reason, when I enter Chris Young (P) as a keeper and then click save, Chris Young (OF) disappears from either the FA pool or the keeper list (I've tried both).

The only way to get him back is to remove Chris Young (P) from the keeper list and then regenerate the player list. However, he will still disappear every time Young (P) is entered as a keeper.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jaime

Captain Hook

Re: Disappearing Chris Young in Draft Software

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Todd or Pasko will get back (I suspect both players need an initial in their name to eliminate the confusion)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

JP is no longer with us but I have a solution. If you change one of the names on the projection sheet that will take care of it. I will do it for the next update
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

themather

#4 Post by themather »

Where do I need to change his name for the change to take place? Is it in the CVRC or the projections file? I've messed around with changing it in both, but when I import the files to the draft software, there's still no change. Same goes for trying to add any players that aren't in the database. I figure I'm just not adding them in the right place.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

themather wrote:Where do I need to change his name for the change to take place? Is it in the CVRC or the projections file? I've messed around with changing it in both, but when I import the files to the draft software, there's still no change. Same goes for trying to add any players that aren't in the database. I figure I'm just not adding them in the right place.
dang it, I meant to change them. I'll do that for the update I just loaded.

To add players, you must use the tab marked "hitters" and "pitchers" on the spreadsheets for common leagues. All the columns must be filled in, including the dollar values.

If you use the CVRC, you add the names to the HITTERS page for the HITCVRC and Pitchers page for the PITCVRC. You must fill in a projection exactly as is on the sheet, then run the values, then hit the draft worksheet button.

I'll fix what is posted now.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Chris Young the hitter is now Chris B. Young

themather

#7 Post by themather »

Awesome ... thanks.

And thanks for the heads on player creation. My auction league includes minor league slots, so several people not in the player database will come up on draft day, so I'll create a handful of "Dummy" players to use when they do.

themather

#8 Post by themather »

Sorry to bug you again ... just trying to familiarize myself with everything (and I have little Excel background).

How do you get an added player to show up in the projections/draft software? For example, I added a dummy player to the Hitters CVRC in the "Hitters" tab like you said, filled out his columns with all zeroes, and then generated the league values and draft software tab. He still doesn't show up in any of those (or in the draft software). How can I do that?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

themather wrote:Sorry to bug you again ... just trying to familiarize myself with everything (and I have little Excel background).

How do you get an added player to show up in the projections/draft software? For example, I added a dummy player to the Hitters CVRC in the "Hitters" tab like you said, filled out his columns with all zeroes, and then generated the league values and draft software tab. He still doesn't show up in any of those (or in the draft software). How can I do that?
assuming he is entered on the right worksheet, you have to re-import the projections and re-create the draft list