Latest CVRC

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Latest CVRC

#1 Post by viper »

when a new edition of CVRC come out [like today], is there ever any calculation/methodology type changes or are the only changes involving player projections? I always copy in a modified base set of player projections and want to know if I need to reload the actual spreadsheet each iteration of player updates. Thanks
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Latest CVRC

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

viper wrote:when a new edition of CVRC come out [like today], is there ever any calculation/methodology type changes or are the only changes involving player projections? I always copy in a modified base set of player projections and want to know if I need to reload the actual spreadsheet each iteration of player updates. Thanks
Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

If I can speak for him ( cause it's a good question ). I think what's being asked is when a new CVRC is released, can he just copy and paste the hitter file since all that really changes are the player projections, or do you ever change the calculation formulas which would mean we'd need to use the new excel file. By being able to just copy/paste the new hitter file we can save our settings and just simply re run the file with the new player info.

At least that's how I understood the question :D
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Black Sox wrote:If I can speak for him ( cause it's a good question ). I think what's being asked is when a new CVRC is released, can he just copy and paste the hitter file since all that really changes are the player projections, or do you ever change the calculation formulas which would mean we'd need to use the new excel file. By being able to just copy/paste the new hitter file we can save our settings and just simply re run the file with the new player info.

At least that's how I understood the question :D
Ok, got it.

About a week ago, the answer would have been no.

But I made a small adjustment to the replacement for saves in mixed leagues.

Starting with the next update, I am going to re-calibrate the STANDARD settings for the 2011 playing pool.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#5 Post by viper »

sorry I didn't explain things better than Black Sox did.

Essentially, since I only do AL-only or NL-only leagues, this edition of CVRC is the same as the last. However, I should replace it with the next edition to incorporate some minor changes.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

The only other "behind the scenes" change I have done is cleaning up one of the macros.