CVRC and prospects

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

CVRC and prospects

#1 Post by viper »

All my leagues do not have benches and you are not allowed to bid on a player not on the 25-man roster. Take Mike Moustakas as an example. When the AL-only league draft is held, he may not have been sent down yet. If he is sent down, the person who bought him has two options. One is cut him. The other is to keep him in his weekly lineup until Moustakas is called up. There are no other options.

The question is should all players that are clearly expected to be sent down be removed from the player set used by CVRC. I think the answer is "yes" even though it reduces the player pool. I just want confirmation.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC and prospects

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

yes
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

viper wrote:All my leagues do not have benches and you are not allowed to bid on a player not on the 25-man roster. Take Mike Moustakas as an example. When the AL-only league draft is held, he may not have been sent down yet. If he is sent down, the person who bought him has two options. One is cut him. The other is to keep him in his weekly lineup until Moustakas is called up. There are no other options.

The question is should all players that are clearly expected to be sent down be removed from the player set used by CVRC. I think the answer is "yes" even though it reduces the player pool. I just want confirmation.
First I agree with Todd - remove them from the player pool you are going to use for each league

Moustakas, like some other prospects who might have a legitimate chance of making their big league club in March, is not on the Royals 40 man roster yet.

It sounds like your league drafts before the season starts so I hope it is a redraft league in which case the rules make sense and in that case the ONLY time you would leave the draft with such a player on your roster if it has been announced that thy are starting the year in the minors but willbe recalled very quickly (that is usually only done with pitchers)

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

All are redraft leagues -something I have decided is the only style I enjoy. My two-year journey into a dynasty league was unsatisfying. My replacement has a solid team with a very nice young staff.

As far as when the draft, two will go the weekend before opening Thursday. The other two will be in April, probably the 1st and 8th. I use the "C" & "OF" style of CVRC because all four leagues have 1-day eligibility. Even if we draft on the Friday after opening day, Youk will be 3B eligible at the draft.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I have always removed any players not on the 25 man roster from the CVRC in the past.

You cannot even bid on them in my main league.