Mac Patch for CVRC

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
AllstonRockCity

Mac Patch for CVRC

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Hello Todd and all

ARC back in action. FFB is done, must mean its time for Baseball prep. Just re-upped my platinum subscription and downloaded the CVRCs.

I tried to use the patches from last year for the hitCVRC (=League_Set_Up!HU2) and the pitCVRC (=League_Set_Up!CV2) but they do not seem to be working. I was hoping that you could provide me with the new ones for this year's CVRCs.

Thanks

p.s. I won't be at our auction this year. My wife is due April 20th so I will be grounded for the 4 weeks leading up to that. But I will sure as hell see you in 2012

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mac Patch for CVRC

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

It's the same CVRC as last season. No changes. What are you seeing?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Weird, cuz the same patch that worked last year does not work this year.

when i paste that patch into cell A1 then drag to the right, the 1st few cells in the row appear to be correct then the cells farthest to the right have a '0' instead of the heading (TB for exampe) with the little triangle that excel gives you to point out that the formula in this cell does not match the formulas in the preceding cells.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Someone else had an issue and found the way to "fix" it was save the CVRC, then use it. I have no idea what is happening because I cannot recreate either issue. Do you happen to have any of the CVRCs from last year? Just copying and pasting the players page in should do the trick, and if it doesn't, that tells me the problem is with that page.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I will try that and report back.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

AllstonRockCity wrote:Weird, cuz the same patch that worked last year does not work this year.

when i paste that patch into cell A1 then drag to the right, the 1st few cells in the row appear to be correct then the cells farthest to the right have a '0' instead of the heading (TB for exampe) with the little triangle that excel gives you to point out that the formula in this cell does not match the formulas in the preceding cells.
Also, can you explain "TB"? My recollection is we used the patch to bring the page with the values by category out front. Is "TB" total bases, which should not appear on that page or the initials for Tampa Bay. I am just trying to get a handle on what could be happening is all.

Based on the other issue, it sounds like there is a quirk with the way it is calculating, which is so bizarre because it is happening to both versions and they are the same as I used last season, in fact they were pulled from the last update I did in April.

The only "change" is the projected numbers are decimal, not whole numbers, but that should not make a difference. I checked to make sure all the data was in non-formula form, and it is.

:cry:

AllstonRockCity

#7 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I have found the problem. After some 'careful' troubleshooting, I can safely say that I am an idiot. User error. oops. :oops:

I was pasting the patch onto the players page and not the values page. I was going to give you crap for not catching that the 1st time, but as I returned to the forum, it looks like we figured it out at the same time.

Now, I haven't actually changed the league setup parameters, but I will assume everything works, since the old drag and drop looks just like it did last year, when I know everything worked.

See that, Jan 4th and it's already starting :ugeek:

AllstonRockCity

#8 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Todd Zola wrote: Also, can you explain "TB"? My recollection is we used the patch to bring the page with the values by category out front. Is "TB" total bases, which should not appear on that page or the initials for Tampa Bay. I am just trying to get a handle on what could be happening is all.
Yeah, it was total bases, meaning I was on the wrong page.

Thank you.

AllstonRockCity

#9 Post by AllstonRockCity »

AllstonRockCity wrote:Now, I haven't actually changed the league setup parameters, but I will assume everything works, since the old drag and drop looks just like it did last year, when I know everything worked.
thanks to a very long nap by my daughter, i was able to fool around with this. everything works just fine. as George Costanza would say "it's not you, it's me"