Draft Software

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft Software

#21 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes, here is what you can do.

When you set the roster limits, include a "dummy" player, maybe at UT. Then using the add keepers, add in a player that you know won't be drafted (there has to be one, we project a ton of players). if your league is incredibly deep, you can make up players and add them to the spreadsheet you use to upload projections.

If a team ACQUIRED salary in a deal, put that amount as a NEGATIVE salary for the keeper. The program will subtract a negative number, which algebraically is adding the positive number, so the team will have additional salary. If the team TRADED AWAY salary, add a dummy keeper with that amount of POSITIVE salary and that will be subtracted.

This should work.

If it doesn't work using keepers, I know it will work if you add the players on to the team in this manner using the regular auction draft page.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

buzzm
High-A

#22 Post by buzzm »

No matter waht i set the screen resolution to, I have fields rolling over each other so that you cannot read them or words get cut off.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#23 Post by Todd Zola »

buzzm wrote:No matter waht i set the screen resolution to, I have fields rolling over each other so that you cannot read them or words get cut off.
When you say setting screen resolution, do you mean via the DraftMasters app? I had the same issue and had to change the resolution on my monitor itself.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

buzzm
High-A

#24 Post by buzzm »

I think the answer is both. I have tried both screen resoultion options in the software itself and they have the same result. My screen monitor is set at the highest resolution 1600 x 900 I think. I did try and reduce that at first but it did not resolve the issue. Frankly, I am not really keen on changing screen resolution for the app alone since that creates issue with look and feel of other items.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#25 Post by Todd Zola »

buzzm wrote:I think the answer is both. I have tried both screen resoultion options in the software itself and they have the same result. My screen monitor is set at the highest resolution 1600 x 900 I think. I did try and reduce that at first but it did not resolve the issue. Frankly, I am not really keen on changing screen resolution for the app alone since that creates issue with look and feel of other items.
Understood.

This is not my area of expertise. I do know that it works fine on my laptop, but on my desktop which has a 23" or 24" monitor, I needed to make the resolution on the monitor to be 1200x768 or 1200x800 with the option setting on the app to be 1024x768. And when I was done, I would change the resolution back to what I was used to on my monitor.

buzzm
High-A

#26 Post by buzzm »

I have tried most combos (monitor & software) and it does not impact the issue.

paskov
Major League Regular

Re: Screen Resolution

#27 Post by paskov »

To BUZZM

We are working on resolving the screen resolution; watch this forum daily. We may have a solution in a day or two.

buzzm
High-A

Re: Screen Resolution

#28 Post by buzzm »

paskov wrote:To BUZZM

We are working on resolving the screen resolution; watch this forum daily. We may have a solution in a day or two.

That's great news! Thanks!

paskov
Major League Regular

#29 Post by paskov »

To BUZZM

The issue seems to be related to font size. Could it be that the font size is set to LARGE or, possibly, to a percent larger than 100%?

dnm963
Triple-A
Preferred Style: roto 5x5

#30 Post by dnm963 »

I'm in a keeper league, is there a way to show the value of the keeper when you add him to a team? So one would know at a glance if you have extra value in that slot. If player x value is $10 and you are going to keep him at $5, could it show a +$5 for him along with his salary? :)
Always make'em think you are smarter than you are, but never let them know how smart you really are.
League is a 15 team,$260 draft cap, mixed auction with 10 NL,10 AL teams to draft from(rockies, Astros, Cubs, Marlins, Phillies,Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Balt, and KC CANNOT DRAFT FROM). 5 cat. standard scoring except use IP in place of Ks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#31 Post by Todd Zola »

dnm963 wrote:I'm in a keeper league, is there a way to show the value of the keeper when you add him to a team? So one would know at a glance if you have extra value in that slot. If player x value is $10 and you are going to keep him at $5, could it show a +$5 for him along with his salary? :)
Sorry, there is not a means to do this.