Dollar Values

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
phanatic

Dollar Values

#1 Post by phanatic »

I am looking for customizable dollar values.
Something where I would be able to input my specific league settings and get applicable values.
This includes AL/NL/both, specific categories (we use OPS), specific positions (we use a generic IF as one spot), specific roster sizes, number of teams, etc.
I also want these updated throughout the year.

From the description on the site I am unclear if this is something that is offered here.
Can someone let me know if the Platinum package will do this?

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Dollar Values

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Short answer is probably yes, we can do that.

We have an Excel tool that can handle customized settings. I may have to tweak it for you, but if you have the ability to run Excel with Macros, you can use the tweaked version I set up for you. As part of the service, I can provide customized values twice during the spring. If you want more than that, all you would have to do is enter the current projections and make any changes I describe and run the macro yourself.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

phanatic

#3 Post by phanatic »

Thanks for the speedy reply.

How often are your projections updated (pre-season and in-season)?

So if I understand correctly - once the app is tweaked - I could take your projections and create my own dollar values?

And this could be done both for the auction and during the season.
The in-season projections are important to me as I use these as a guide for trading.

And to be clear - in season projections will project the stats for players for the remainder of the season only, correct?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Between now and the first week of April, they will be updated at least once a week, shooting for Thursday evenings. If there is some major news that will really impact rankings, and my time permits, I will squeeze in extra updates.

Then during the season, we indeed project "rest of the year", which can also be plugged into the CVRC (customizable rankings and value calculator) to get rest of year dollar values/rankings.

All the parameters you mentioned can be customized using the CVRC, rendering values specific to your league.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

phanatic

#5 Post by phanatic »

Awesome.

Can position eligibility be altered depending on the number of games played (last year and this year)?

I am interested - if I sign up where do we go from there?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

We use a default position eligibility based on the original rule book, but you are free to override the setting as you wish.

Once you sign, you can read through the description of the CVRC to get a handle on it, and once you are comfortable, shoot me a PM through the site, I will ask for the details about your league and set up the CVRC, then e-mail it to you.

phanatic

#7 Post by phanatic »

And are the projections updated weekly throughout the season too?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes, weekly.

Our in season projections are a combination of year to date and the original projection. At the beginning of the season, the skills of the original projection dominate but as the season progresses, more weight is put on year to date. But perhaps the most relevant part of the projections are the inclusion of anyone newly added to the 25-man roster as well as playing time changes.