2011 CVRC

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2011 CVRC

#51 Post by Todd Zola »

HITTING -- The positional breakdown using STANDARD is calibrated to best account for the respective pools. I still recommend using CUSTOMIZE

PITCHING -- Actually, nothing was done. I checked the replacements and they were actually fine.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#52 Post by aburt19 »

Todd Zola wrote:HITTING -- The positional breakdown using STANDARD is calibrated to best account for the respective pools. I still recommend using CUSTOMIZE

PITCHING -- Actually, nothing was done. I checked the replacements and they were actually fine.
I have always used the two pool system of catchers and everyone else. Is there anything in the player pool that would
say I shouldn't do that?

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#53 Post by Todd Zola »

aburt19 wrote:
Todd Zola wrote:HITTING -- The positional breakdown using STANDARD is calibrated to best account for the respective pools. I still recommend using CUSTOMIZE

I have always used the two pool system of catchers and everyone else. Is there anything in the player pool that would
say I shouldn't do that?

Thanks.
Nope -- that's what I do.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Andy

#54 Post by Andy »

Any changes in the background of this release? Seems to be a few changes in the latest set when I run the CVRC - Espinosa gone from $10 to $0 would be one example.

The one thing I noticed when setting things up was that the pool size factor required for this league has jumped from 1.5 to 8.3?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#55 Post by Todd Zola »

Andy wrote:Any changes in the background of this release? Seems to be a few changes in the latest set when I run the CVRC - Espinosa gone from $10 to $0 would be one example.

The one thing I noticed when setting things up was that the pool size factor required for this league has jumped from 1.5 to 8.3?
Are you using standard or customize? What are your league settings?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#56 Post by Todd Zola »

Andy wrote:Any changes in the background of this release? Seems to be a few changes in the latest set when I run the CVRC - Espinosa gone from $10 to $0 would be one example.

I can best answer when you post the info from above, but I do know...

Espinosa's BB-rate was corrected early Feb so if this is an OBP league and you did not look at the late Feb update, that could so the trick

As mentioned on the download page, the "STANDARD" settings were calibrated to match the player pool for common leagues. I still HIGHLY recommend using CUSTOMIZE especially if your league is much different than a common one. That said, 8.3 is a bit high, I need to know the specifics.

Andy

#57 Post by Andy »

Todd Zola wrote:

Espinosa's BB-rate was corrected early Feb so if this is an OBP league and you did not look at the late Feb update, that could so the trick

As mentioned on the download page, the "STANDARD" settings were calibrated to match the player pool for common leagues. I still HIGHLY recommend using CUSTOMIZE especially if your league is much different than a common one. That said, 8.3 is a bit high, I need to know the specifics.
It's an AVG league. Customised settings - standard league roster but with single catcher. So, 11 catchers, 11 firstbasemen...55 outfielders etc...

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#58 Post by Todd Zola »

Andy wrote:
Todd Zola wrote:

It's an AVG league. Customised settings - standard league roster but with single catcher. So, 11 catchers, 11 firstbasemen...55 outfielders etc...
Sorry, but to understand what is happening, I need details with respect to exactly what you are doing. The easiest way is to send me the CVRC, todd@mastersball.com

Andy

#59 Post by Andy »

Todd Zola wrote:Sorry, but to understand what is happening, I need details with respect to exactly what you are doing. The easiest way is to send me the CVRC, todd@mastersball.com
Done.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#60 Post by Todd Zola »

Andy wrote:
Todd Zola wrote:Sorry, but to understand what is happening, I need details with respect to exactly what you are doing. The easiest way is to send me the CVRC, todd@mastersball.com
Done.
Back atcha

Andy

#61 Post by Andy »

Todd Zola wrote:
Andy wrote:
Done.
Back atcha
Thanks Todd, much obliged.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#62 Post by viper »

I'm not sure if this still holds true on the most recent CVRC but if you create two [or more] players with the exact same statistics but with different names, when the dollar values are run, there are multiple $ entries but they all have the same name.

Why would I do this?

I like to create an average player with projection set average stats. They are called Joe Catcher, Joe Middle, Joe Corner and Joe Outfielder [sometimes just Catcher & Outfielder]. I get curious about any scarcity impact - although I know it is essentially non-existent in the C/OF option.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#63 Post by Todd Zola »

viper wrote:I'm not sure if this still holds true on the most recent CVRC but if you create two [or more] players with the exact same statistics but with different names, when the dollar values are run, there are multiple $ entries but they all have the same name.

Why would I do this?

I like to create an average player with projection set average stats. They are called Joe Catcher, Joe Middle, Joe Corner and Joe Outfielder [sometimes just Catcher & Outfielder]. I get curious about any scarcity impact - although I know it is essentially non-existent in the C/OF option.
It is true, it has to do with vlookup against the $value and sorting without running a macro. I have the same issue with some of the lower end players as some have the same exact stats.

What I do is add a really, really small number to the at bats. I'll start with something like adding .000000001 to the first batter's AB, .000000002 to the second batter, .000000003 to the 3rd, etc. The number is so small that the average is not impacted to a significant decimal place, but the computer can tell the difference.