START

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

START

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Having trouble re sorting the player list to alphabetical. It looks like it's sorted by PA right now. Whenever I select I effects the formula. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: START

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Actually I need to post the updated version. I'll get it this evening.

How are you sorting? I sort all the time and it works just fine.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

didn't realize if I double click on heading it will sort, Thanks :oops:
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

ksenor

#4 Post by ksenor »

Todd Zola wrote:Actually I need to post the updated version. I'll get it this evening.

How are you sorting? I sort all the time and it works just fine.
Is the sheet that is avaiable on the platinum page the updated version?

Also, I was wondering if you would give me the password....I was going to play with to see if I couldn't add holds and OPS to the standings.

I have done a lookup to bring over the dollar values you gave me from the custom 6x6. I'm thinking this could be one hell of a draft cheat sheet that would give me a running picture of the league as the draft is happening.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Dammit, i knew I forgot something.

I'm not sure I even remember the p/w, but I will try my usuals. The coding is nothing proprietary, I lock it more to prevent others from inadvertently changing it. The only unique thing is the way I break ties, There may be a better way to do it, but when you use the rank function, it does not give "the half point." So I write a series of if/then statements to recognize when 2 (or more) teams have the same totals and then it gives them each the same. It might be a round about way, but it works!!!

and FWIW, you can paste the updated projections in -- that page is not protected

and try START as the p/w :)

i don't have excel on this laptop where I am so I can't check it :(
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

ksenor

#6 Post by ksenor »

I'm all about work arounds when using excel!!!

START isn't it.... :lol: