Two CVRC Questions

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
david_hume

Two CVRC Questions

#1 Post by david_hume »

I know there is an explanation in the documentation, but this is still a little unclear to me. Can you explain the difference between the "standard" setting and the "customized" settings that separate the positions out by pools? Is it just the CI/MI adjustment?

Also, if I want to add players to the pool, do I just type them in below the standard list and type in their stats?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Two CVRC Questions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Standard uses 6 pools (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF).

I use 12 team AL and 13 team NL as the standard. I believe I used 15 mixed for the mix standard.

I run the values w/o positions to determine exactly how many of each position are in the draft-worthy pool.

I then program the CVRC to set the pools according to those findings.

The problem is the number of each position for a 10 team AL or 12 team NL or 12 team mixed, etc. is likely to be a little different.

With CUSTOM, you can do whatever you want.

My suggestion is 2-pools, catcher and non-catcher since there is so much multiple eligibility and the replacement at each position is so close in today's player pool.

As for adding players, yes. You will need to include the BA as that is used in the computation. You need something under LG, PPOS, then the actual stats you are scoring plus AB (or OBP). Same with pitchers -- you will need to put in the ERA and WHIP as well as the individual components.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

are the MIX15 dollars in the projection file using Catcher/non-Catcher or are they by position. I thought you said in a prior post you used the catcher/non-catcher method.

I see Hanley is $43 in CVRC but $40 in Projection.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I used 2 pools for the values in the provided spreadsheet.

I program the distribution of positions for those that use the STANDARD option using the results of 15 team mixed. As explained, not every AL only, NL only and mixed league will have the same distribution of draft worthy positions but I have to choose something to use. I can't customize it for the precise number of teams in the league in an automated fashion.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord