CVRC Help

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

CVRC Help

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Todd,

Having the same issue with not being able to force the positions. For my 10 team league the player pool should be

C 20
1B 21
2B 18
3B 19
SS 12
OF 50

Let me know what I'll need to do to get proper values. Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Don't force positions. Use 20 catchers and 120 OF and you'll be fine.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Black Sox »

Than am I looking at this the wrong way? Based on the worksheet I have 12 SS above replacement yet when I run CVRC there are 30 SS returning positive value. In the OF I have 69 returning positive value. If I remember from previous years when you set the pools wouldn't the 13th ranked SS have at a minimum a $0 value and then go to negative from there? Hope that makes sense what I'm asking

Thanks
Steve
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

You can't have 30 SS, something is wrong -- it should be 12. I see 12 when I run it. Please check that. You should have the same 12 you initially cite.

Replacement at each position is so close, it's not worth forcing positions. In theory, yeah, it forces a $1 player at each position. In practice, the numbers are fine -- especially in such a shallow league where most will use an extreme stars and scrubs and blow away the top end numbers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by Black Sox »

Thanks Todd I redownloaded the file and re ran and now it’s correct. One last question would you adjust any of the catagory weights for a shallow league or leave them all at the default settings? Not really sure how the shallowness of the league might effect HR / SB distribution between players above replacement.

Thanks
Steve
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I wouldn't adjust anything. The actual prices won't resemble the calculated ones at the high and low end, the proper use is to gauge players relative to each other.

If the room is overpaying/underpaying for a particular category, figure out the best player to take advantage, realizing the underpay won't last once supply runs low.