CVRC Tool

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
brinn1

CVRC Tool

#1 Post by brinn1 »

I am planning on joining when 2012 stats are ready.

I have been trying to get a detailed explanation of how the regular forcasting Masterball software differs from the CVRC projections. I can not find that in my searches.

Would someone be good enough to tell me in detail exactly how the CVRC tool would change the way you viewed a draft list for one's league. I'm in a 11 team 5x5 roto league. I'd like to know how during the draft I would benefit or not from using the regular projections or the CVRC ones and all the differences between the 2 methods

Thanks
Dr Steve

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Tool

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What we need to do is clarify exactly what each tool is and/or what it does.

MASTERSBALL PROJECTIONS

This will be an Excel spreadsheet of the players and their projected performance

DOLLAR VALUES FOR COMMON LEAGUES

I take the projections and generate dollar values for 12 team AL only, 13 team NL only, 12 team mixed and 15 team mixed, using the standard 14 hitter/9 pitcher active lineup.

CVRC (Custom Value and Rankings Calculator)

This is an Excel program that takes our projections and customizes dollar values to your league, if it is different than the common leagues above. FWIW, I use the CVRC to generate the values for common leagues. In addition to dollar values, the CVRC also puts the players into a ranking list based on those dollar values.

MASTERSBALL DRAFT SOFTWARE

This is a real basic program (real basic being the name of the application, not saying the software is really basic). It will be preloaded with our projections and dollar values for common leagues described above. You will be given the option to use customized values, more on that in a minute.

The software asks you for your league specifications and assuming you did not choose custom, it will use the common values from above and match it closest to your league. You then use the draft software in an auction or draft. It tracks all the teams' rosters and standings. It removes players from the draft list when they are assigned to the team, etc.

If you wish to use dollar values and rankings customized to your league, you first generate those values using the CVRC and then upload them into the draft software.

In short, the CVRC generates a draft list or dollar values. The draft software tracks your draft or auction using the numbers generated by the CVRC, either preloaded or customized.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord