Ike Davis as Week 3 FAAB target

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
Captain Hook

Ike Davis as Week 3 FAAB target

#1 Post by Captain Hook »

Jason Mastrodonato suggests new Met 1B Ike Davis as the highest FAAB target on his early list at $134.

I think in many NFBC and WCOFB leagues his acquisition price will be higher and here are a few reasons why I think he will exceed the $123 I paid for Ty Wigginton last week:
1) There are some teams with weak 1B and/or CI - certainly those playing Jacobs or maybe teams playing Conor Jackson or Feliz Pie or Aaron Rowand at UT
2) The NYC factor - don't discount this, there are LOTS of players in those leagues who are from New York City which will drive the price higher
3) Teams who missed out on Wigginton or Andruw Jones or Eugenio Velez or Ryan Sweeney last week may decide he is the best hitter available this week (allthough I saw Jose Bautista and his two Monday HR dropped in a few leagues) and try and make up for lost time

Personally while "I LIKE IKE" - I did get to see him a lot when he was starring for ASU here in the valley - I think he is more Kotchman than Delgado, and hopefully not Overbay. That is I think the BA will be fine but the power will not be there .....This year. I do like him long term if for some reason he is available in NL only keeper leagues (already rostered in a minor leaguer in both of my leagues).

I will come back and review this later in the week after I finish the Shopping Cart, but right now I think rostering Davis will cost close to $199

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: Ike Davis as Week 3 FAAB target

#2 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Also, for those interested, Davis was one of the players requested to be put through Gary's minors to majors projection conversion (original thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1697&p=11753#p11753). Gary strictly plugged in the "numbers" and provided the model's output on a 500 AB basis - there were no staff tweaks to these projections. You can find the projection for Davis under the 'Platinum Plan Home' tab under 'Raw Projections'. The file is called 'Minor League Requested Players'.

The translation for Davis over 500 ABs shows a high strike out rate; this is a key driver to a very low projected batting average. I would imagine if he were to struggle as much as the model predicts, he would not last the entire year in NY.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy