Projections 4/15 on?

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Projections 4/15 on?

#1 Post by alleyoops »

I noticed that there are no projections for 4/15. Will there no longer be projections going forward? Assuming they will be, will the projections be for the full season, or for the remainder of the season?

I find projection updates during the season useful, as they tend to "bring out" role changes, and more rarely skills changes.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Projections 4/15 on?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

As far as I know, there are no plans to have in-season projections in 2010.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

brooklyn49
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by brooklyn49 »

Not sure if this is a democracy, but if so, then I vote "yes" on the going forward projections be they two weeks or two months apart. They make for a great heading check and might even save the staff time by reducing the number of inquiries about individual players.
13 Team, Mixed, Rotisserie League with Daily Transactions
525 IP Limit; 60 Games per position
Hitting: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, BA, Hits, BB, Total Bases, OPS
Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K's, HR Allowed, Holds, K/BB, QS

Hitting:
C: O. Narváez 1B: P. Goldschmidt 2B: C. Biggio 3B: M. Muncy SS: M. Semien MI: C. Hernández CI: C. Santana OF: M. Conforto, B. Harper, A. McCutchen, T. Edman Utility: N. Cruz
Pitching:
SP: M. Minor, K. Maeda, C. Martínez, N. Pearson, J. Montgomery, C. Bassitt
CL: H. Neris, N. Burdi, A. Bass
SU: P. Báez, Y. Petit, B. Treinen

Bench: E. Thames, N. Solak, T. Grisham, J. Berti
DL: J. Verlander, S. Oberg

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry guys, it is not that easy.

I was responsible for doing the weekly updates last season and unfortunately, there some non-site issues that need my attention this summer. As such, this was not a promised feature.

It is a very labor intensive endeavor and I cannot commit to the feature. Bottom line is other people need me more this summer than you guys need weekly updated projections.

We are having some internal discussions with respect to a means we can offer something in this area, but there are no promises.

To let you behind the 4th wall a bit, the process is taking a weighted average of the player's year to date performance and what we project as the skills, multiplied by the expected playing time. We weight the anticipated performance more early in the season and year to date more later in the season.

I'm mentioning this because it is easy enough to set up yourself and will incorporate two factors that make the projection YOURS and not OURS, which for some people is important.

YOU can determine how much to weigh YTD versus projected performance and more importantly, YOU can determine the expected playing time.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord