Masters of the NFBC

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
deansdaddy

Masters of the NFBC

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Since Brian Walton referenced the Rookie League in the initial Masters of the NFBC post, I just wanted to jump on here to post a few thoughts.

First off - Thanks Brian for the introduction. Unfortunately you are the only member of the Mastersball team that I did not get to talk to at Citifield - but then again you had your hands full in that stacked league of yours. I for one can't wait for all the NFBC material that is in the pipeline. I was an avid reader of the NFBC Zone and will freely admit that those yearly blogs were an inspiration for the Rookie League project. When I originally asked Todd about getting a spot in the Forum - I had no idea the creaTive sports team was joining forces with Mastersball again. That news made it even more perfect that the Rookie League ended up here. What we are trying to do is just an extension of what you guys always did (and will continue to do)- taking us through the course of a season in the NFBC - a unique event and challenge.

I have been pleased that we've been getting some visitors to the Forum and just wanted to restate that it is open to anyone to come and visit, post, comment, ask questions or just read along. If you are playing in your OWN NFBC league - by all means come in and join a thread or feel free to start your own topic. If you've ever thought about playing in the NFBC - you are definitely on the right website - nobody has more skin in the NFBC than Mastersball - and as was stated in the article - you can actually get an answer to your questions from the experts themselves.

Thanks again guys - and good luck to everyone this season!

deansdaddy

Re: Masters of the NFBC

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

I must say Buster - I can totally relate to the premise of your post this week.

I too am struggling to overcome a poor draft in the Rookie League. I have to admit that I have been looking at the standings probably too much lately.

Fantasy is a fickle game sometimes - and somebody has to be near the bottom - it's just never fun when your team is one of the ones off to a lousy start. But you have to get your lunch handed to you once in a while and there is still a lot of baseball to be played. I have managed to put myself in such a hole offensively but at least I can try to make a run at some point.

I also am a frustrated Zobrist owner. And I'm still wondering why I chose Felix Hernandez over CC or Brandon Webb instead of Jered Weaver. But I also have Strasburg on the way and I am excited about that at least. Other than that I'm sticking with my core - because in the NFBC you really are stuck with some of these guys for now.

brian
Major Leaguer

Re: Masters of the NFBC

#3 Post by brian »

Not a great year so far for Teams Mastersball. I am 145th overall and that is best of our five main event teams. In that stacked league of mine, I have only 28.5 hitting points but am somehow still in seventh. Again that is the best of the four industry teams with Ravitz/Colton and Schechter lurking nearby and Shandler currently near the bottom of the league.
Brian Walton
mastersball.com