"red chip" article

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

"red chip" article

#1 Post by mjlewis »

There's an article linked off the main page about a "red chip" team. When I click on it while I am logged in, it takes me to the subscription purchase screen. I already have a platinum membership. What's up?

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: "red chip" article

#2 Post by viper »

make sure you are logged in from the main page. You can post in here and not be logged into the main page. I guess they are separate. I forget to log in more times than i will admit.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by mjlewis »

I think I am. I can read the other articles in the "hook slides" section, just not that one. (I did figure out what section the article is in eventually.)

- Mike

JP Kastner

#4 Post by JP Kastner »

Yes, the main site and the forum are two different systems. I have installed a system that automatically creates an account on the forum when an account is created on the main website.

The Red Chip article is Platinum only, so you need to make sure you are logged into the main website in order to read it.

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by mjlewis »

my new data point: I can log in and read it in IE, but using Chrome (from the same machine) I get sent to the subscription purchase page instead. Also, using Chrome, it always takes two tries to log in -- after the first one it says that my session has expired and I need to log in again.

- Mike

JP Kastner

#6 Post by JP Kastner »

I have not done much testing with Chrome. It is still a beta product for Google and in flux. I know this site works well with IE, Firefox and Safari.