DC-area in-person auction league: DCROTO.com

Find a league to join or post your openings...
therotofeed

DC-area in-person auction league: DCROTO.com

#1 Post by therotofeed »

Join the 3rd Annual DCROTO Competition - a highly competitive fantasy baseball league in the DC area that includes:

- in person, auction-style draft held at Wi-Fi enabled conference room in Metro-accessible office center
- committed league members vying for meaningful prizes (100% payout minus CBS fees)
- all the features of CBS Sportsline Fantasy leagues, including daily roster changes and real-time stat tracking
- unbiased, expert arbitration of any conflicts

Draft date is March 29th.

A full constitution and other info is available at DCROTO.com If you are interested in playing DCROTO this year, send an email to admin@dcroto.com for more info.
Last edited by therotofeed on January 24th, 2009, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: DC-area in-person auction league: DCROTO.com

#2 Post by viper »

questions on the rules:

1. no where in the rules does it say daily or weekly moves. If daily as you said, can you pick up a player on Wednesday morning and play him that evening or, if not then, on Thursday?

2. The mechanics in picking up waivered players and free agents is a bit unclear. Assume Dye is dropped. He is off waivers on Thursday. Is the process that any teams that want him submit FAAB bids and the highest gets him when he comes off waivers? How does this work with a free agent. Lets say Shields is a FA. Fuentes goes down. If you are first to want him, it seems you just need to spend $1 to get him since he is a first-come first-served free agent. Is this correct?

3. Where exactly id the draft being held this year.

4. It appears this is an annual redraft league - correct?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

therotofeed

#3 Post by therotofeed »

viper wrote:questions on the rules:

1. no where in the rules does it say daily or weekly moves. If daily as you said, can you pick up a player on Wednesday morning and play him that evening or, if not then, on Thursday?

You can't put a guy into your starting lineup the day you enter a FAAB bid for him - it's an overnight process. You get him (or not) the next day.

2. The mechanics in picking up waivered players and free agents is a bit unclear. Assume Dye is dropped. He is off waivers on Thursday. Is the process that any teams that want him submit FAAB bids and the highest gets him when he comes off waivers?

Yes.

How does this work with a free agent. Lets say Shields is a FA. Fuentes goes down. If you are first to want him, it seems you just need to spend $1 to get him since he is a first-come first-served free agent. Is this correct?

Yes, but again, you can't put a guy into your starting lineup the day you enter a FAAB bid for him - it's an overnight process. So $1 might win it, unless that particular day, someone else wants him, in which case you might want to bid more the night before. This happens sometimes with new closers who weren't held otherwise.

3. Where exactly id the draft being held this year.
In downtown DC near Farragut Square.

4. It appears this is an annual redraft league - correct?
Yes, there's no keepers, but nearly all team owners are returning from last year.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

I am interested. My son has a similar league without a draft date as of yet. He usually tries for a Saturday so this would not be a conflict. I have asked him to look for dates. Can I be added. I should know for sure in a week or two. If he does it on a Saturday, then i know there will be no conflict. His two most likely dates are March 21 or March 28 or even April 4 this year given the late start to the season.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

therotofeed

#5 Post by therotofeed »

Great - just send an email to admin@dcroto.com with your contact information and I'll make sure you get the email requesting deposits. First 16 deposits play.

therotofeed

#6 Post by therotofeed »

Only two spots left as deposits are coming in.

viper
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by viper »

I am passing now. I joined a Dynasty league and I guess "Eight is Enough". I had never done a keeper league of any kind and always wanted to try it. The opportunity arose. Also, My son still hasn't set his league's draft date/time and I had to wait on that anyway. Thanks anyway.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer