Launching Diamond Duos III for 2016 (Baseball) deep dynasty

Find a league to join or post your openings...
scottyballgame
Double-A

Launching Diamond Duos III for 2016 (Baseball) deep dynasty

#1 Post by scottyballgame »

Hi friends,
Diamond Duos is a unique concept we came up with in January 2013 - a 15 team (dual-franchise), 6x6 Roto, deep dynasty league. While Diamond Duos is in it's 3rd season, and Diamond Duos II began with the 2015 season, we are launching Diamond Duos III for the 2016 seasaon. Using ProBoards and Fantrax, with Fantrax Treasurer for payment. I need another 5 (as of this evening) knowledgeable, active owners to fill the league. Our league fee is expected to be about $55 per season, which is $5 per team to cover Fantrax's Premium Commissioner Service and $50 will go toward the league's winnings pot. With a pot of about $750 we'll pay out to the Top 3 Roto finishers (65%/25%/10%) at end of season.

As of Friday 8/28 we have 11 out of the 15 teams filled, so there are still a few open spots.

Please check out the league rules (Constitution) and let me know if you'd be interested:
http://diamondduos3.proboards.com/threa ... nstitution

Our board and this league is very detailed, so please read carefully. There will be a lot of discussion on the board too once I get that ProBoards site up and running later this Fall. I just initially setup the Diamond Duos III ProBoards, but if you'd like to check out our Diamond Duos I or II league Proboards to see how those leagues are laid out, with team rosters, trades/transactions, discussions, etc. - click here:
http://diamondduos.proboards.com
http://diamondduos2.proboards.com

Rosters: 40-man Majors (25 active, 15 reserve) and Minor League Farm System (max of 60 prospects). Each owner will select 2 MLB franchises (1 AL and 1 NL) entering our first season. First franchise selection will be by a random generated draft order, and then 2nd franchise selection will be reverse order of the first. Up to a maximum of 15 players from each MLB franchise can be kept and the remaining roster spots will be filled via a bidding draft among all remaining players. We used real-life MLB contracts/salaries for the initial keepers and will work off of a $170M salary cap for the 40-man roster in 2016. This is scheduled to increase to $175M per team for 2017 and beyond. All minor leaguers are $0 and don't count against the cap until the year following their activation, and then they're at an initial $500,000 salary for the first 4 years.
Minor league farm will be initially comprised of up to 25 players per MLB franchise, for a max of 50 going into the first season. We then up the max to 60 in-season and allow one prospect claim per month. Minor leaguers in Diamond Duos are players with less than 130 ABs, 50 IP, or 20 pitching appearances in the Majors.

Contact me via email at scotty.ballgame@comcast.net or on Twitter if you'd like to get in. No league application but interested parties should be ready to provide fantasy baseball experience if needed. Check us out on Twitter too. @DiamondDuos, @DiamondDuosII and @DiamondDuosIII are the handles.

Thanks, Scott
@Scotty_Ballgame on Twitter

scottyballgame
Double-A

Re: Launching Diamond Duos III for 2016 (Baseball) deep dynasty

#2 Post by scottyballgame »

New league is filled as of today - 8/31/15. If anyone is interested in taking over a team in Diamond Duos (Detroit Brewers) or Diamond Duos II (Boston Padres), let me know.

Thanks!
Scott