Fantasy Baseball MLB Playoffs Parlay - Rosters due Oct 1

Find a league to join or post your openings...
scottyballgame
Double-A

Fantasy Baseball MLB Playoffs Parlay - Rosters due Oct 1

#1 Post by scottyballgame »

Hey all,
It’s time for Fantasy Baseball Playoffs! This is the 6th annual parlay. It makes watching all the playoff games so much more fun! We had 20 teams in the Parlay last year and my goal is to double that this year.
Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you know, and if somebody you know does want to do it, just make sure they let me know you referred them. I’m going to post this on some boards and on Twitter, so it’ll be out there.

Here’s how it works. Cost to participate is only $10 per team. One owner may have a maximum of two (2) team entries. All entries must be emailed to me (full roster and tiebreaker) at scotty.ballgame@comcast.net.

Choose one (1) batter AND one (1) pitcher from each of the 10 playoff teams to fill out positions of a roster with your 20 players. You must have ONLY 2 players from each playoff team; one hitter and one pitcher – no more, no less.

You must fill these positions with one hitter and one pitcher from each playoff team:
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
IF (any infield position)
OF
OF
OF
DH (can be a batter from any position)

10 pitchers (can be either a starting pitcher or relief pitcher). May be any combination of SP’s and RP’s but must meet a minimum of 15 innings pitched combined for all pitchers in the Wild Card/Division Series round, then a minimum of 10 innings pitched in the Championship Series round. This is to prevent any team from picking only relief pitchers. There will be no IP minimum in the World Series round because a team may come down to 2 relief pitchers who may not see a lot of innings depending on how the Series goes.

P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
P
***and Tiebreaker – see below

YOU are responsible for submitting a legal team. I will do my best to catch any errors, but if your team is illegal and is caught at ANY TIME, you will be eliminated and refunded your money.

*PLAYER POSITION ELIGIBILITY – An offensive player needs to have played a minimum of 20 games this year at a position to be eligible at that position. If an offensive player has not played a total of 20 games, then the position he’s played for the majority of games will be his eligible position. Pitcher eligibility is determined by the majority of games played. If you are picking a player that is only eligible at DH, then that player must occupy the DH spot. Otherwise the DH spot may be a player from any offensive position.

Your roster will be 20 players to begin with, and as teams are eliminated, those players won’t accumulate any more stats for you. Any roster can have any player from any team, as long as you don’t have more than one hitter and one pitcher from a team. For example, in a year when Philly made the playoffs, if one entrant’s roster has Philly’s catcher Carlos Ruiz, that doesn’t mean any other entrant can’t have him, but you couldn’t have Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard on the same team. Pick whomever you’d like. Odds are there won’t be any exact rosters with all the possible combinations, but we have a Tiebreaker just in case.
***Tiebreaker – Pick the two (2) World Series teams, the winner, and in how many games.

The categories that we’ll use are the traditional 5×5 fantasy baseball categories – AVG, HR and RBI, Runs, and SB for hitters, Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP and K’s for pitchers.

Scoring will be done Rotisserie style, meaning….
However many teams are in the parlay, that number will be the most points available in each category. The leader in each category will get that number of points for the category, the 2nd place team in a category will get 1 point less than the max, and so on down to 1 point for the last place team in a category.

For example, if there are 10 teams in the Parlay, the AVG leader gets 10 points, 2nd place team gets 9 points, 3rd place gets 8 points, and so on down to the last place AVG team getting 1 point. Maximum number of points in this scenario would be 100 (10×10). If there are 18 teams, then 1st place in HRs gets 18, second place would get 17, and so on down to 1. Maximum number of points in this scenario would be 180 (18×10).

Stats will be cumulative, and the total stats after the completion of the World Series will determine the winner(s).

PAYOUTS:
The leader after the Wild Card/ALDS/NLDS wins 10% of the pot
Winner of the ALCS/NLCS round wins 10% of the pot
Rest of the pot goes to the overall leaders after the World Series: 1st place (65%) and runner-up (15%).

The 10 playoff teams are:
•Boston Red Sox
•Detroit Tigers
•Oakland A’s
•Cleveland Indians (WC1)
•Tampa Bay Rays (WC2)
•Atlanta Braves
•St. Louis Cardinals
•Los Angeles Dodgers
•Pittsburgh Pirates (WC1)
•Cincinnati Reds (WC2)

Sample team:
C – Ryan Lavarnway BOS
1B – James Loney TB
2B – Omar Infante DET
3B – Lonnie Chisenhall CLE
SS – Jed Lowrie OAK
IF – Juan Uribe LAD
OF – John Jay STL
OF – Jose Tabata PIT
OF – Ryan Ludwick CIN
DH – Jordan Schafer ATL

P – Felix Doubront BOS
P – Jamey Wright TB
P – Drew Smyly DET
P – Danny Salazar CLE
P – Sonny Gray OAK
P – Brandon League LAD
P – Bronson Arroyo CIN
P – Mark Melancon PIT
P – Tim Hudson ATL
P – Chris Carpenter STL
Tiebreaker – Rangers over Braves in 7

Team rosters are due by this Tuesday, October 1st prior to the first Wild Card playoff game at 8:00PM EST.
If you can, get your team(s) to me as soon as possible so I have ample time for data entry. Please forward this on to anyone you think might be interested.

I ask that all entree fees be sent by Friday, October 11th. Please make this easy on my part and submit payment on time. If you need to send me a check, email me for mailing address, or you can PayPal from bank checking accounts only please to me at teachhr8992@comcast.net. If you want to send payment via PayPal (from a PayPal balance or bank account only please), make sure you check the option to “Send money to family or friends.” There is no additional fee if done this way. If you try to use a credit or debit card there's a fee.
This is why I ask to use only a PayPal balance or bank account so there’s no fee taken out on either end.

Teams with fees not received by 10/11 will be subject to disqualification from the parlay.

If you have any questions, please email me tonight or tomorrow. If you think there’s anything I missed, or anything that could improve/enhance this Parlay, please let me know ASAP. Otherwise, put together a team or two you think will do well and send it over. Keep in mind, there’s a decent amount of strategy involved. I will email a spreadsheet with all teams’ rosters as soon as all of the data is entered, and updates will be sent after LDS, LCS and World Series rounds.

Good luck! **Email all entries to me at scotty.ballgame@comcast.net.**

Scott