Unique,new 15-tm Diamond Duos Dynasty -Needs 1 active owner

Find a league to join or post your openings...
scottyballgame
Double-A

Unique,new 15-tm Diamond Duos Dynasty -Needs 1 active owner

#1 Post by scottyballgame »

Looking for a few good owners. Must be dedicated, active, and committed to making the league work, thrive and survive for hopefully years to come.

I have a new 15 team dynasty league (Roto, 6x6) starting up and we need a few more owners to round it out. Each owner is going to manage a one team that's comprised of 2 MLB franchises (one AL and one NL), so we're going to have all 30 MLB clubs in play. Only $20 buy in for initial year.

Each owner is going to manage a 40-man roster, and it’s going to be initially comprised of up to 15 players from one MLB franchise, up to 15 players from a 2nd MLB franchise (other league), and then the remaining spots will be filled by bidding on players that are still out there that weren’t kept. Picking the first franchise is first-come, first-serve, and then there’ll be a random draft order generated for us to pick our 2nd franchises. Once everyone’s done that, then we can all post our 30 keepers and we’ll start the bidding draft for free agents shortly after that. Hope to begin that right after the Super Bowl.

We’ll be using real-life salaries and contracts to set up our initial rosters and make sure everyone’s within our Diamond Duos salary cap per team - $170 million, which will be a starting point for us this year as we see how that works out. There's going to be a lot of strategy in deciding which 15 players max to keep on each franchise so that 40 guys will fit under the cap.

If you're interested, shoot me an email or a PM to let me know who you are, where you're from and what you'd like to do. I will get you all the info you need. I can be reached at --> scotty dot ballgame at comcast dot net and/or on Twitter at @scotty_ballgame. Thanks, Scott
Last edited by scottyballgame on February 3rd, 2013, 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

scottyballgame
Double-A

Unique, new 15-team Dynasty-LEAGUE IS FULL, but other openin

#2 Post by scottyballgame »

My new league is full as of this past Saturday night 1/19. If you're still interested in joining a dynasty or keeper league, a couple of my other leagues have some openings. One is on CBS and ProBoards (for auction), is $110 buy-in, 16-team, Roto keeper league. A few owners aren't returning. the other is free, Yahoo and ProBoards (for auction), 20-team dynasty, Roto keeper league. More involvement with salaries, contracts than the CBS league.

scottyballgame
Double-A

Re: Unique,new 15-tm Diamond Duos Dynasty -Needs 1 active owner

#3 Post by scottyballgame »

Hey all. Just before our Initial Free Agent bidding draft is getting ready to start this week, I had to let one of the owners go. Was too inactive on the board and hadn't met deadline for naming keepers, posting all salaries/contracts, and had other priorities going on. So I do have to fill his spot. We've got one team that needs an owner, and that lucky owner gets to manage the team comprised of Kansas City Royals/Miami Marlins. Not the best choices but an a lot of young talent and a bright future. Certainly players that I'd love to trade for.

So with the Diamond Duos league concept, we're using real MLB salaries and a 40-man roster, $170 million salary cap per team. You get to choose up to 15 keepers from KC and up to 15 keepers from Miami (up to 30 max). We'll then fill another 7-10 players via a Free Agent bidding draft. Minor league system to start is up to 25 minors eligible players from KC and up to 25 from Miami. We'll be expanding that to 60 during the season.

Please email or Tweet me ASAP if you're interested in getting in and taking over the Miami Royals of KC (or you could change the name to Kansas City Marlins if you wanted to). It's a 6x6 Roto league, all discussions, free agent bidding, roster upkeep, etc are on a board. Using Fantrax for in-season league site, and $21 league fee is being paid through LeagueSafe. Top 3 at end of season get a little payout (65%, 25%, 10%).

Hoping to land someone today. Thanks!
Scott

scotty.ballgame@comcast.net
@Scotty_Ballgame on Twitter

scottyballgame
Double-A

Re: Unique,new 15-tm Diamond Duos Dynasty -Needs 2 active owners

#4 Post by scottyballgame »

Hey all. We're in our inaugural season of this 15 team, 6x6 Roto, deep dynasty league called Diamond Duos. It's a unique concept we came up with back in January. (details below) We're using ProBoards and Fantrax, with LeagueSafe for payment. I recently found out we have 2 owners who aren't returning next season and I'd like to find some great, active replacement owners sooner than later. We have a lot coming up as soon as the season ends, and I want to make sure we have some good new people in place. We're looking at a 1st Year Players Draft, identifying our Restricted Free Agents, placing Franchise and Prospect tags, opening trading, and then a free agent contract offering period among other activities.

I just recently renewed our Premium Fantrax Commissioner league site "FOR LIFE." It was a great deal and I didn't want to pass on it. So now for only $15 every owner can confirm a spot for the duration of the league and our site fee's taken care of forever. Only monies I'll collect each year will be our league fee - probably $30 or so in 2014.

The 2 teams that are available right now (first-come, first-serve) are:
*Detroit Brewers - made up primarily of Tigers and Brewers, although there are some other teams' players as well. Currently 7th place out of 15.
*Cincinnati Twins - made up primarily of Reds and Twins. Currently 14th place out of 15.
If you're a fan of the Tigers, Brewers, Reds or Twins, this could be a lot of fun for you! Check out the rosters if you'd like and you can see the Majors and Minors squads as they are now:
http://diamondduos.proboards.com/index. ... rd=rosters

Read rules and let me know if you'd be interested. Our board and this league is very detailed, so please read carefully. We've had a lot of discussions (mostly pre-season) on the board too.
http://diamondduos.proboards.com/index. ... nstitution

Rosters: 40-man Majors (25 active, 15 reserve) and Minor League Farm System (max of 60 prospects).
Each owner selected 2 MLB franchises (1 AL and 1 NL) entering our first season. Up to a maximum of 15 players from each MLB franchise were kept and the remaining roster spots were filled via a bidding draft among all remaining players. We used real-life MLB contracts/salaries for the initial keepers and are currently working off of a $170M salary cap for the 40-man roster. This is scheduled to increase to $175M per team for 2014. All minor leaguers are $0 and don't count against the cap until the year following their activation, and then they're at an initial $500,000 salary for the first 3 years.

Minor league farm was initially comprised of up to 25 players per MLB franchise, for a max of 50 going into the first season. We then upped the max to 60 in-season and allow one prospect claim per month. Minor leaguers in Diamond Duos are players with less than 130 ABs, 50 IP, or 20 pitching appearances in the Majors.

Contact me via PM or email me at scotty.ballgame@comcast.net if you'd like to get in. No league application but interested parties should be ready to provide fantasy baseball experience if needed. Check us out on Twitter too. @DiamondDuos is the handle.

Thanks,
Scott
@Scotty_Ballgame on Twitter

scottyballgame
Double-A

Re: Unique,new 15-tm Diamond Duos Dynasty -Needs 1 active owner

#5 Post by scottyballgame »

One team (Detroit Brewers) is still available in Diamond Duos Dynasty league for 2014. This team just finished the season in 6th place overall Roto out of 15. Not a bad squad! All details in the above post.

http://diamondduos.proboards.com