Best money leagues?

Find a league to join or post your openings...
southpaw

Best money leagues?

#1 Post by southpaw »

What is the best site for a money league?
I guess based on payout, reputation, traffic, rules, etc...

Looking for anything from $50 to $250.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: Best money leagues?

#2 Post by viper »

I would probably suggest looking at NFBC satellite leagues. The payout is 80% spread over the top three in 15 team leagues. On the negative side, the competition can be tough and the no-trade rules along with FAAB have an impact especially if you have never drafted in a no-trade environment. That said, you know there will not be any funny stuff going on.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

southpaw

#3 Post by southpaw »

viper wrote:I would probably suggest looking at NFBC satellite leagues. The payout is 80% spread over the top three in 15 team leagues. On the negative side, the competition can be tough and the no-trade rules along with FAAB have an impact especially if you have never drafted in a no-trade environment. That said, you know there will not be any funny stuff going on.
Thanks. I've been looking into the NFBC and WCOFB satellites. Have you played either or both? Anything make one better than the other?

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

I've played in the NFBC since its inception. I've never played in the WCOFB. I played in the NFBC Main Event for the first three years but not since. I realized I just cannot spend the time needed to be successful in the main event. In the main event you need to place in the overall to make it worthwhile. I have played in Satellite NFBC leagues since they started. However, I have decided to make a final cut-back in my leagues and I will not be participating in the NFBC or any online leagues this year. I even won my first NFBC satellite league last years but I'm still not returning. For me the reason is the time required to properly prepare for the drafts. I will probably spend as much time during the season with my four remaining local leagues. I am fully sold on the NFBC but have decided it isn't for me any more.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

southpaw wrote:
viper wrote:I would probably suggest looking at NFBC satellite leagues. The payout is 80% spread over the top three in 15 team leagues. On the negative side, the competition can be tough and the no-trade rules along with FAAB have an impact especially if you have never drafted in a no-trade environment. That said, you know there will not be any funny stuff going on.
Thanks. I've been looking into the NFBC and WCOFB satellites. Have you played either or both? Anything make one better than the other?
I have played both most years they have been running. They are both VERY good, very well run contests.

For the most part they are personal preference for the satellite leagues - the decision may well end up being which draft date is more convenient.....but look at the differences
NFBC = 15 team mixed, 900 minimum IP
WCOFB = 14 team mixed BUT with ten pitchers active and they MUST be 6 SP, 2 RP, and 2 P > so there is more importance on the pitching AND with two lineup periods per week, M-TH and F-Su more advantage to maximizing your starts per week....but that also helps with playing platoon hitters or replacing injured players.

One further guess about which to join if entry $ considerations and draft date/time are a tossup (and that may not be the case because with WCOFB newer the satellites are not as popular and don't fill up as fast) my guess is that at least this year the NFBC leagues will be tougher competition wise.