Keeper League, loaded team...

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
gr8hambin0
High-A

Keeper League, loaded team...

#1 Post by gr8hambin0 »

10 team league, 4 keepers. Total starters: 22, roster size: 26.

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG

QS, ERA, WHIP, K/9, K/BB, SV, HD

Started the season with Trout, Bryant, Arenado and Kershaw as my keepers.

Then I drafted Springer and picked up Judge.

Is there any way to upgrade my team through trade(s)? Or am I getting ahead of myself here in regards to Judge and Springer definitely being keepers? I've thought about going after Correa or Harper.

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

Re: Keeper League, loaded team...

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I certainly would want to have Judge and Springer as keepers.

That said, maybe the construction of your team says you want to trade an OF and get a MI in which case I could see trading Springer for Correa. JUST reread and saw you can only keep 4 so I would concentrate on winning ( or maximizing results for this year and trade Springer and or Judge for (presumably) pitching help.

gr8hambin0
High-A

#3 Post by gr8hambin0 »

For more reference, this is a free league, with the emphasis on "bragging rights" among friends. I have been in the championship, or won the regular season, for 7 years straight. I'm not all too worried about winning this year, because I'm wayyyy out in front for 1st place.

If I did go for pitching, who can I target that doesn't necessarily leave me getting the worst of it if I give up Judge or Springer? Or, should I be willing to give up Bryant or Arenado instead of Judge or Springer? I lean towards holding onto the guys who are more proven; but Springer is very intriguing.

Maybe I should ask the league if they would like to increase keepers to 6? :D

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

give up anybody (well not quite but of the extras you have) to get Scherzer

gr8hambin0
High-A

#5 Post by gr8hambin0 »

I was just checking into the team with Scherzer tonight. Long story short, the owner of that team has Lou Gehrig's and was not able to play this season after nearly 10 years in the league, so no one is touching his lineup or making any changes. Scherzer, and Sale for that matter, are off the table.

My lineup is

C - Contreras
1B - Smoak
2B - Carpenter
3B - Arenado
SS - Cozart
2B/SS - Happ
1B/3B - Lamb
OF - Bryant
OF - Springer
OF - Judge
OF - Souza
UTIL - Hosmer
Bench - Frazier

DL - Trout

P - Vargas (SP)
P - Happ (SP)
P - Brach (RP)
P - Holland (RP)
P - Rivero (RP)
P - Rodney (RP)
RP - Davis
RP - Giles
SP - Kershaw
SP - Strasburg

Bench - Matz
Bench - Manea
Bench - Newcomb (I add/drop this roster spot)

I am also trying to free up a RP spot (only 6 max allowed on roster right now, trying to get that changed after AS break, so I can add someone to get me Holds)

I'm looking at these potential trades...

MadBum, Votto, Dickerson
for
Judge, Vargas, Rodney & Brach (he also has Stanton, Bellinger, Rizzo, Gio, Thor, C. Martinez, Severino) - I am loaded @ closer with Davis, Holland, Giles, Brach, Rivero, Rodney. But Britton could take back closers roll soon? I could also sweeten the pot by offering another bat.

JD Mart, Gyorko, Greinkie, Jansen
for
Judge, Vargas, Rodney, Brach

He has Encarnacion and Sano too.

For some reason, I keep coming back to wanting to get Correa. But at this point in time, I feel like I could get more for Judge than just Correa. And again, I can only keep 4. So is Correa worth more than Bryant, Arenado or Kershaw? The guy who has Correa is way out of the playoff hunt already and has nothing else to offer except Correa.

Apologies for the long post. TIA for the advice, and happy 4th!