Who to keep and who to drop, that is the question

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
hammackw
Rookie

Who to keep and who to drop, that is the question

#1 Post by hammackw »

This is my first year of fantasy, so I'm learning on the fly. Playing in a 12 team mixed ESPN H2H league that is 7x7, (R, HR, RBI, K, SB, AVG, OPS and K, QS, W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP). Scoring is 14 points per week, 1 point for each category (W-L-T)

Team is
Posey
Y. Alonso
J. Peraza
Gregorius
T. Story
B. Drury
R. Healy
Pujols
C. Owings
M. Adams
Harper
Blackmon
Inciarte
Pollock
J. Turner
A. Frazier
Gallo

Question is "Should I add Maybin and drop Frazier?" I gonna drop Drury when Pollock returns, so my starting OF is gonna be Harper, Blackmon, Pollock, Inciarte, Maybin/Frazier and I'll swing Owings as needed in IF and OF (?)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Who to keep and who to drop, that is the question

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Maybin really only helps with steals. If you're generally winning the other categories and need help in steals, sure. But he helps in just one while other players help in multiple.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I certainly wouldn't pick up Maybin while he is on the DL

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Maybin is supposed to be activated today.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord