1st draft complete. How did I do and SP question.

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CT Wahoo
Major League Regular

1st draft complete. How did I do and SP question.

#1 Post by CT Wahoo »

12 team mixed H2H 6X6 (no keepers)--Pitching (Wins, Losses, Saves, ERA, WHIP, K/9), Hitting (Runs, RBI, HR, SB (net), BAVG and OPS). Weekly IP minimum of 50.

C - Lucroy
1B - Votto
2B - Carpenter
3B - Villar
SS - Crawford
CI - A. Gonzalez
MI - M. Semien
OF - Pollock, Eaton, Calhoun, Broxton
UTIL - Grichuk
Bench - Kepler
SP - Kershaw, Cueto, Tanaka, Lackey, Eickhoff, Davies, Cotton
RP - Allen, Giles, Madson, Maurer

First ask is a general impression of how I did in the draft and if there appear to be any trouble spots at any position or with any category. I felt like I was able to get decent value in light of the March 30 rankings with the exception of SS and possibly the closer quartet. Since Villar and Carpenter are fairly versatile, I should be able to snag a decent 2B/3B/SS off the wire somewhere down the line to push either Crawford or Semien out of the starting lineup if need be.

Second question is about my three lower level SP. I would think the top 4 SP will be on my roster all season barring injury. But, if I see a potential gem on the wire, I would likely drop one of those 3 bottom SP to make a move. They were 3 of my last 4 picks, so I'm not terribly invested in any of them. Of those three, which one(s) should I give a longer leash to early on? Said another way, which should I not be so trigger happy to dump if they struggle a little out of the gate due to the potential upside they could show as the season progresses?