Keeper league advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mooonkyu

Keeper league advice

#1 Post by mooonkyu »

Hey all,
I'm in a 12 team 5x5 (OBP and QS) keeper league (one catcher, MI, CI 5 OF, 9Ps, plus other traditional positions). High year to year inflation, and high floor ($10). I could use some help trying to decide who to keep.

Pretty confident about:
K Bryant - $26
X Bogaerts - $26
C Santana - $16
JBJ - $10
D Duffy - $10
Fulmer - $10

Not sure about:
S Marte - $31
W Contreras - $10
Dahl - $10
Conforto - $10

Basically, I like values on Bryant, Santana, JBJ, Duffy and Fulmer. I'm projecting that 7 of the top 10 SS will get kept, so I think that Bogaerts will go for more than $26 in the auction. Not entirely sold on it though.

In terms of the rest, Marte at $31 seems expensive, basically paying for some next level breakout. The rest are all flyers pending health/playing time. I don't love the idea of paying $10 for a catcher in a one catcher league. Dahl is hurt, otherwise would keep, and Conforto isn't guaranteed to play. Would love any thoughts!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Keeper league advice

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What does high floor mean?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

mooonkyu

#3 Post by mooonkyu »

Intended "high floor" to mean $10 minimum keeper price.

12 teams, 25 man rosters. Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

In lockstep with your analysis.

Marte's OBP hurts him, so if you can find speed cheaper, he's a drop.

Can do better bang for the buck in one-catcher leagues

Dahl -- risky

Conforto -- playing time?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord