Who to keep?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
burke

Who to keep?

#1 Post by burke »

Hi,
I need some keeper advise for this 5x5 mixed team league that uses OBP. It has 1 c, 1 1b, 1 2b, 1 mi, 1 3b, 1 ci, 1 mi, 5 of, 1 dh, 9 pitchers and 7 reserve spots.

It is a keeper league that has an auction. Todd - It is similar to the old Bill Lee league you were in. A lot of the same rules / owners. The keeper prices go up by $2 a year. I can keep 12. It appears to me to be a final spot decision between Tony Watson $5 and Jackie Bradley $3.

I see these as my top 11
Cano $22
Goldschmidt $31
Herrera $12
Donaldson $18
Baez $7
Rendon $6
Odor $19
Scherzer $26
Kluber $10
Melancon $8
Cueto $10

Who is best of these?
Jackie Bradley $3
T. Watson $5
B. Miller $5
B. Buxton $16
L. Giolito $7

Thoughts? Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Who to keep?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Unless the playing time situation with Baez clarifies, my lean is dropping Baez and keeping JBJ and Brad Miller. Miller gets you back the multiple position eligibility lost with Baez, especially if he plays some second base, which is likely. I just don't know if you'll know when Baez is in the lineup. Also depends on how often you can check, remember the Cubs play a lot of day games.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

burke

#3 Post by burke »

Thanks for the feedback Todd. I do check the lineups fairly often. I agree with your analysis. Miller should get a lot more at bats and has similar position flexibility.

burke

#4 Post by burke »

I was offer Yelich $9 for Rendon $6, Watson $5 and Baez $7. I wasn't planning to keep Watson or Baez?

Thoughts? I need to decide on Thursday. I came back with Miller $5 instead of Rendon. The other offer is still out there.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Since you have 1B and 3B covered, I'd do that deal - like Yelich more than Rendon and the $ difference is minimal
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

burke

#6 Post by burke »

Cool. Took it. Thanks!